Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread - perfect to go with pasta dishes or soups! So easy and so good, you won't be able to stop eating it!
I am so excited to share this recipe for a super easy garlic bread with gooey cheesy top. It's fast to make because it included a shortcut: an Italian loaf bread! All you need to do is slice it in half, top with garlic butter and shredded mozzarella and bake. This Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread is perfect with a plateful of pasta, big bowl of soup or as an appetizer. Either way, you will love every bite! It's garlicky and cheesy and absolutely irresistible!
Preheat the oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet. Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover bread. Top with cheese. Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- garlic, butter and cheese
- large baking sheet
- cutting board
What to serve with this bread?
This bread has a perfect garlicky taste and an ooey-gooey cheesy top. You can't say no to that! We love it with soups, like our homemade chicken noodle soup. My Hubby always requests it when he makes his chili. It's a must side for my Mushroom Chicken Alfredo or anytime you use my Homemade Alfredo Sauce!
- I could eat this bread by itself! And I have! Slice some tomatoes on top and add a sprinkle of sea salt - so so good!
- For those who don't like garlic, I recommend using 2 teaspoons of dry ranch seasoning mix in place of the garlic powder. It's fantastic!
- We made this bread so many times! We found that freshly grated mozzarella cheese melts way better than pre-shredded cheese you can buy in a bag. Also, if you don't have a garlic powder - use minced garlic! We love it!
More Bread Recipes:
- Easy Garlic Cheese Bombs - biscuit rolls filled with cheese. So easy and perfect appetizer!
- Easy Cheesy Pull Apart Bread - perfect party bread appetizer! Have fun pulling cheesy bites!
- Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread - spicy and creamy bread that always disappears fast!
- Garlic Butter Cheesy Breadsticks
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder (see note)
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Uncover bread. Top with cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Note 1: If you like garlic, you can use more garlic powder - up to 2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon per piece of bread).
- Note 2: Instead of garlic powder, try dry ranch seasoning mix. It's fantastic, especially for kids who don't like garlic!
- Note 3: We like our cheese so melted that it starts to brown. Watch the bread while melting the cheese and remove from oven as soon as it reaches the desired look. Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.