7-UP Biscuits Recipe (from scratch) – soft and fluffy biscuits made with lemon-lime soda. No Bisquick needed!
If you are looking for a new biscuit recipe to try OR simply happen to have some leftover 7-UP lemon-lime soda, I have just the recipe for you! These 7-UP Biscuits are soft, fluffy and literally melt in your mouth. They are super easy to make even without the Bisquick baking mix.
These 7-UP Biscuits tastes like fast food biscuits but are made easily from scratch. I don’t buy baking mixes like Bisquick so I made its easy homemade version with flour, baking powder, salt and shortening. You have to try it!
HOW TO MAKE 7-UP BISCUITS?
Almost all recipes for 7UP Biscuits call for Bisquick. If you have it on hand, by all means, use it. If you don’t, all you need is flour, baking powder, salt, and shortening. Combine all in a mixing bowl and add sour cream. Stir in. Add 7UP and stir well. The dough will be sticky and shaggy. Flour your countertop and place the dough onto the surface and shape into a rectangle or square (depending on the baking pan you are using). Cut the dough into biscuits. Melt butter and place into the baking dish. Place biscuits in butter and bake in 450 degrees F. Once done, let them cool and serve while still warm. This recipe is very simple and can be easily doubled or even tripled.
To cut the biscuits, you can use a round biscuit cutter. Since they are baked in a dish, I wanted to use the whole dough at once. To do that, simply cut the biscuit dough with a knife, into square biscuits. I formed my dough into 9″x7″ rectangle and cut it into 8 biscuits.
WHAT TO MAKE WITH 7-UP?
7-UP Cake from Spicy Southern Kitchen
7UP Pound Cake from 365 Days of Baking and More
Easy 7-UP Chicken Marinade from Chef in Training
MORE BISCUIT RECIPES:
7-UP BISCUITS RECIPE (FROM SCRATCH)
Soft and fluffy biscuits made with lemon-lime soda. No Bisquick needed!
More easy recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 7-UP soda room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter and pour into 8" square or 9"x7" rectangular dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add shortening and cut it in with a fork or pastry cutter. The dough should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add sour cream and stir in with wooden spoon.
- Add 7-UP and stir in. The dough will be sticky and shaggy.
- Flour flat surface (like your countertop) and place the dough onto it. Form into square or rectangle, roughly the same size as your dish. It is helpful to place the dish right next to the dough for a visual reference.
- Cut the dough into biscuits. (see note)
- Place biscuits in a dish with butter.
- Place in oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits are golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
You can cut out the biscuits with a round biscuit cutter but you will be left with some dough. It is easier to cut the dough with a knife into square biscuits. That way you will use the whole amount of dough without scraps.
Recipe source: Sprinkled with Flour