Easy Cheddar Bay Biscuits – the best copycat of Red Lobster’s popular favorite! Easy, fluffy and delicious. Watch our video to see how to make them.
EASY CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
I am obsessed with these biscuits! Fluffy, cheesy, garlicky, with a slightly crunchy bottom – these are the best biscuits EVER! Yep. Not only I think these are the best copycats of the restaurant favorite but I also think they are the best biscuits you will ever make and eat. Serve with pasta or soup OR slice and layer with ham and cheese. You will try them and never go back!
When it comes to biscuits (drop or cut-out), I don’t mess around. After years or making this recipe, I can say that these are the best but also super easy to make. Use chilled butter and grate it over the flour mixture. Use an ice cream scoop to drop the dough onto baking sheet and brush the biscuits with butter, cheese and parsley mix. You will have fresh from the oven, perfectly baked biscuits on your table in under 30 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS?
- Line baking sheet and preheat the oven.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Add milk and stir.
- Grate butter over dry ingredients and cut it in with pastry cutter. Add cheese and stir in.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together. Stir in lemon juice.
- Drop biscuit dough onto prepared baking sheet. Brush each biscuit with melted butter.
- Bake until golden on top
Years ago, I actually shared a recipe for this copycat but since then I improved it and thanks to a few tricks, came up with the best biscuit recipe ever. If you love biscuits as much as I do, you will also love these Ham and Cheese Cut-Out Biscuits. Perfect for a brunch or weekend breakfast.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS:
- You can make these biscuits any size you like. I always use my standard ice cream scoop and just love the size of the finished biscuits. Large just like in the restaurant. If making for kiddos, you may want to use a medium cookie scoop.
- I brush the scooped dough with butter mixture just before baking and then again after the biscuits come out of the oven and are still warm. Also, I highly recommend using freshly grated cheddar cheese. So much better than pre-shredded kind.
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or tag me on social media. I’d love to hear how you like them!
MORE BISCUIT RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
The best copycat of Red Lobster’s popular favorite! Easy, fluffy and delicious. Watch our video to see how to make them.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter chilled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk cold
- 1 large egg well-beaten
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- In a small measuring cup beat well the egg.
- Grab butter and milk from the fridge.
- Pour 1/2 c of milk to the cup with egg and stir well. (No need to look for another measuring cup; the beaten egg should measure about 1/4 c so pour enough milk to make 3/4 c liquid.)
- Grate the butter straight over the dry ingredients. Cut in with pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir it in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and milk mixture and stir until all is moistened.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the dough and give it a few stirs.
- Drop the dough onto prepared baking sheet using a regular size ice cream scoop.
Brush the scooped dough with half of the butter mixture. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the biscuits just start to brown on top.
- In a small measuring cup, mix together melted butter with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Brush the freshly baked biscuits while they are still hot.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.