Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe – creamy and delicious veggie-packed soup with cheese. Popular restaurant copycat made right in your pressure cooker!
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
The soup season is here and there is nothing better on a chilly day than a big bowl of pure comfort food. Creamy veggie-packed soup is exactly what I am craving. Broccoli cheddar soup is one of our favorites to make during winter and now I can make it in my Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is so quick and easy to make, and sure to become a hit. This restaurant favorite cooks in the Instant Pot in under 20 minutes total. It’s creamy, cheesy and comforting.
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP IN INSTANT POT?
- Start by sauteing garlic, onion, carrot, and celery in butter in the Instant Pot.
- Next, add fresh broccoli florets and broth and stir everything together. Secure the lid and set the timer to 1 minute on “manual” or “pressure cook” setting. The IP will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- Prepare the half and half and cornstarch mixture in a small bowl. Once the timer is done, carefully open the lid and stir the soup. Stir in the half and half mixture and shredded cheddar cheese. You can simmer the soup on “saute” setting for 2 minutes to thicken. Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce if desired.
The recipe is from Coco Morante’s new cookbook: The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook. It’s the first recipe I tried and my whole family loved it, so I decided to share it.
THE ULTIMATE INSTANT POT COOKBOOK
I received a complimentary copy of Coco Morante’s new cookbook: The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook. I already have The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook and it’s perfect for those who are just starting with the appliance. The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook is filled with recipes we all know but adapted to be made in the IP. You can now easily make Pozole Rojo, French Onion Soup, Denver Omelet, Pork Chile Verde or Shrimp Scampi with Penne Pasta right in your Instant Pot. The recipes are very easy to follow and fail-proof. I highly recommend this cookbook to any IP fan, the new and seasoned. The book is available on Amazon.
MORE INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES:
- Weight-Loss Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Corn Chowder with Bacon
- Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot Soup Recipes Roundup (all in one place)
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Creamy and delicious veggie-packed soup with cheese. Popular restaurant copycat made right in your pressure cooker!
More Instant Pot recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound broccoli florets chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth page 284
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce such as Frank’s RedHot or Crystal, plus more as needed
- 2 cups tightly packed shredded Cheddar cheese
- Select the Sauté setting on the Instant Pot and melt the butter. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened but not browned. Add the broccoli and vegetable broth.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program, then select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cooking time for 1 minute at high pressure. (The pot will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- While the soup is cooking, in a liquid measuring cup, stir together the half-and-half, cornstarch, and hot sauce.
- When the cooking program ends, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to Venting to release any remaining steam. Open the pot, press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program, then select the Sauté setting. Stir the half-and-half mixture to recombine, then pour it into the pot. Stir in the cheese. Let the soup come up to a simmer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened slightly. Press the Cancel button to turn off the Instant Pot. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and hot sauce if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve piping hot.