Instant Pot Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe – hearty and filling vegetable soup made in an electric pressure cooker. Helps to detox and lose weight.
INSTANT POT WEIGHT LOSS VEGETABLE SOUP
A big bowl of vegetable loaded soup that is delicious and good for your body is my new favorite thing to make in my Instant Pot pressure cooker. If I plan ahead and get my veggies chopped and ready, all I need to do is place it all in the IP and let it do its magic. You can make a batch of this soup and freeze half for later. Cooking this soup in the electric pressure cooker can be as easy as placing all ingredients in the insert and set it to cook. I like to saute garlic and onion in olive oil for just a little bit, as I find that raw onion can overwhelm the soup with its flavor a bit. It’s a personal preference.
How to make Instant Pot Weight Loss Vegetable Soup?
- To make this vegetable soup, place ingredients in the Instant Pot,
- set to high pressure and press the SOUP setting.
- Set timer to 12 minutes and let the pressure cooker do its work.
Tips for making Instant Pot Vegetable Soup:
- You can use any beans you like. I used red kidney beans but you can use Northern white beans or black beans.
- You can skip the onion and use red pepper instead.
- Don’t like cauliflower? Use broccoli instead.
- Last but not least, use low sodium and low carb vegetable stock ( or chicken stock if you are not trying to make it vegan ). I love adding turmeric to any dish I can and I used it in this soup too. If you have it on hand, add 1/2 teaspoon. To read about the health benefits of turmeric, check out my Golden Milk Latte post.
Can I add meat to this soup?
To add more protein, use quinoa ( a generous scoop of cooked quinoa is delicious with this soup) or cooked and shredded or diced chicken or even cooked ground turkey.
What vegetables can I use to make this soup?
This soup is loaded with vegetables: cabbage, garlic, zucchini, carrots, celery, cauliflower, onion and beans. It will help detox your body and keep you full longer. The addition of turmeric, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and bay leaves add a delicious flavor.
More Instant Pot Soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
Instant Pot Soup Recipes Roundup (all in one place)
Please note: This post is not medical advice. If you have dietary restrictions or suffer from sickness, always consult your doctor before changing your diet.
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
A hearty and filling vegetable soup made in electric pressure cooker. Helps to detox and lose weight.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 5 white mushrooms washed, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1,5 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Chop onion, carrots and celery, Mince garlic. Slice mushrooms. Set aside.
Press "saute" button on your Instant Pot. Add olive oil to the stainless steel insert. Wait 2 minutes for it to preheat.
Add garlic and onion to Instant Pot. Saute, stirring often, until the onion softens. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes, until they are fragrant.
Press "off/stop" button.
Add remaining ingredients to Instant Pot.
Place lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to "sealing".
Press "soup" setting and timer to 12 minutes.
The Pressure cooker will beep and start cooking. It may take about 12 minutes for it to come to pressure and they start the timer.
When done, the Instant Pot will beep. Let the pressure release naturally for about 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure by carefully switching the valve to "venting".
Carefully remove the lid, away from your face, and set aside.
Stir the soup. Let cool slightly before serving.
Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
To freeze: cool completely and place in freezer containers or ziploc bags. Freeze up to 3 months.
Please note: This post is not a medical advice. If you have dietary restrictions or suffer from sickness, always consult your doctor before changing your diet.