Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Recipe - perfectly fluffy potatoes cooked in a digital pressure cooker. No foil needed!
Before I got the Instant Pot digital pressure cooker, I used my slow cooker to make baked potatoes. It's a great way to cook them if you don't have a pressure cooker. However, this method is much faster and I can have baked potatoes ready in 20 minutes, perfectly fluffy and ready for our favorite toppings.
INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES
If you need an easy lunch, these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and fill with leftover chili, pulled BBQ pork or chicken or Mexican quinoa. They are also absolutely delicious topped with cheese sauce or spinach artichoke dip. Tasty! You also need to try my Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe. Total time-saver!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED POTATOES IN THE INSTANT POT?
- To cook your potatoes in the Instant Pot digital pressure cooker, use the wire trivet that came with the IP. Add one cup of water to the stainless steel insert and arrange potatoes on the trivet.
- Close lid and turn the valve to "sealing" position. Set timer to 14 minutes for medium potatoes. Make sure the IP is set to cook on high pressure.
- When the time is up and the Instant Pot beeps, press "cancel/off" button and let it release the pressure naturally for about 4 minutes. The switch the valve to "venting" position and do a quick pressure release.
- Use kitchen tongs to remove the potatoes from the pressure cooker and set on a platter. Done! Your potatoes are ready!
It's important to poke the potatoes with a fork. It allows the steam from the potatoes to escape during cooking.
No foil is needed to cook the potatoes in your pressure cooker.
HOW LONG DO I COOK BAKED POTATOES IN THE INSTANT POT?
I tested this recipe starting at 12 minutes. The potatoes were cooked but too firm for my liking. When cooked for 14 minutes, they were soft and fluffy inside. I used medium size potatoes. If using small ones, 12 minutes should be enough. If using large potatoes, add 2 more minutes of cooking time.
My Instant Pot took about 8 minutes to come to pressure.
To learn how to cook sweet potatoes, check out my Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes recipe with a bonus shortcut!
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes recipe
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is inside the Instant Pot. Add one cup of cold water to insert.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes clean. Poke with fork several times all over the surface of each potato.
- Place wire rack inside the insert. Arrange potatoes on the rack.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn the valve to "sealing" position.
- Make sure your IP is set to cook on HIGH pressure. Press the "manual" button and set timer to 14 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will beep and start coming to pressure. When the valve comes up, it means it came to pressure and the timer will start within seconds.
- When done, the Instant Pot will beep a few times. Let it release the pressure naturally.
- Carefuly open the lid away from your face.
- Gently remove the potatoes and place on a platter.
- Serve potatoes with your favorite toppings: butter, spices, cheddar, sour cream, chives or parsley.