BLT Pasta Salad – delicious Summer pasta salad idea! Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes with farfalle pasta and creamy dressing (no mayo option too!) are like your favorite BLT sandwich toppings in a bowl.
BLT PASTA SALAD
This BLT Pasta Salad has to appear on your table this season. It’s all of your favorite BLT sandwich toppings, tossed with cooked farfalle pasta and creamy Ranch dressing. Crazy delicious! This BLT Pasta Salad is a great option for a lunch to work or a trip meal! Crispy bacon (baked in the oven), chopped or torn Romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes (I used on-the-vine type but Roma would be good too) are tossed with cooked and cooled pasta and creamy Ranch dressing. A great option for a lunch to work or a trip meal! Keep dressing separately until you are ready to eat.
BLT Pasta Salad Ingredients (your shopping list):
- farfalle pasta (any bite-size pasta works)
- Romaine lettuce
- tomatoes (on-the-vine or grape)
- red onion (optional)
- Ranch dressing
- sour cream
- apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
How to make BLT Pasta Salad?
My favorite Summer salad inspired by my favorite sandwich: the BLT. Quick, easy and perfect for picnics and as a side dish to any grilled meat or BBQ. You will love it!
Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain, rinse with cold water. Set aside. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.
How long does this pasta salad keep in the fridge?
Since we are using fresh lettuce in this pasta salad, it is best to use it up the same day you make it. If you need to take it somewhere (a potluck or a gathering), I recommend keeping the chopped salad in a separate container and combine with the pasta salad upon your arrival.
BLT Pasta Salad Tips:
- Whenever I make a salad for my family, I always add red onion. It’s our favorite and adds great flavor and texture to the dish. Feel free to skip it if you are not a fan of onions.
- Any type of bite-size pasta will work here. I like the look of farfalle but rotini will be awesome as well. If you are missing bread, add croutons!
- If you want to avoid mayonnaise, replace it with sour cream or Ranch. Just make sure you have about 3/4 cup of the creamy mixture to toss the salad with. It’s the perfect amount in my opinion.
MORE SALAD RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle pasta
- 4 cups chopped or torn Romaine lettuce
- 1,5 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon cooked to crispy, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain, rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.
Notes: 1) You can use any bite-size pasta you like. Rotini is a fantastic option! 2) Feel free to skip the onion, if you are not a fan. 3) For a mayo-free option, replace mayonnaise with more sour cream or Ranch dressing. Just make sure to make 3/4 cup of mixture. You can also use healthier options, like avocado mayo. 4) Feel free to use more bacon! 5) I used on-the-vine tomatoes for this salad. Roma is another great option. You can also use cherry tomatoes. 6) You can use white vinegar but I highly recommend apple cider vinegar in cooking.
This recipe was originally published on May 29th, 2017 and updated on August 19th, 2019.