Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls recipe - Sweet, garlicky chicken served with rice and steamed broccoli comes together in just 20 minutes. Better than takeout and made with just a few ingredients, this Asian chicken dinner idea is on our weekly rotation!
Quick and easy dinners are my favorite to share with you, especially if they taste like restaurant dinners we all love but we made them in our own kitchen with minimal prep and cook time. #winning
This Teriyaki Chicken is my skillet version of the Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken recipe I shared a few months ago. Sometimes I don't want to or forget to set my slow cooker so the quick skillet option is great to have. This dish is as easy in prep as it's slow cooker version and most likely you have all of the ingredients on hand. This recipe is perfect for meal prep as it stays perfect refrigerated for up to 4 days.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI CHICKEN?
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces, seasoned it with salt and pepper and cooked in a pan until no longer pink.
- In a measuring glass cup or small mixing bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Added to the chicken in a pan. It will cook and thicken quickly coating the chicken pieces with a sweet, shiny glaze that is out of this world delicious!
- Serve with rice and steamed broccoli.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI SAUCE?
The sauce is made with brown sugar, soy sauce (I always use the low-sodium option), fresh minced garlic, ground ginger, rice or apple cider vinegar and cornstarch that helps it thicken. That's it! Asian flavors on point! 😀 You can make it ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to use it. See my recipe for Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
CAN I MAKE THIS TERIYAKI CHICKEN AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, this dish reheats well the next day. You can also cook the chicken and make the sauce in a separate saucepan. Combine all in a pan to reheat just before serving. This dish is also great for meal prep. Cook, divide into containers and refrigerate for p to 4 days.
HOW TO SERVE TERIYAKI CHICKEN?
If you are struggling with making good, fluffy rice at home, check out my post for the Fluffiest Rice Ever, where I dish out all of my tricks to making it perfect without a rice cooker! It's a must for this teriyaki chicken! If you have the Instant Pot, I have a fail-proof recipe for a perfect Instant Pot Fluffy Rice.
MORE RICE BOWL RECIPES:
All of our rice bowls recipes are perfect for meal prep. This is the container I use and recommend.
MORE EASY ASIAN DISHES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- steamed broccoli
- Cook rice according to instructions on packaging.
- Steam broccoli.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place in large non stick skillet.
- Cook until done, stirring often.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk together until there are no cornstarch lumps. Add sauce to chicken and cook stirring constantly, until it thickens into shiny glaze.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice and steamed broccoli.