Korean Beef Tacos – ground beef caramelized in sweet soy sauce paired with Asian Slaw in flour tortillas. Quick and easy takeout style dinner made in under 30 minutes.
If you have never tried to make Korean Beef in your own kitchen, now is the time. It is surprisingly easy and so delicious! Ground beef is almost caramelized in brown sugar soy sauce mixture and can be served on a bed of rice or like in this case, in soft tortillas and topped with Asian slaw.
Combine taco night and takeout and serve these Korean Beef Tacos with bright and colorful Asian slaw for a quick and easy yet super flavorful dinner. You will want to add these tacos to your weekly rotation!
- ground beef
- vegetable oil
- low-sodium soy sauce
- brown sugar
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- ground ginger
How to make Korean beef tacos?
This is one of the easiest recipes you can make with beef when craving Asian takeout. Simply saute garlic and onion, then add ground beef and cook until done. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and add to the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes. Fill soft tortillas with beef and top with Asian slaw. Dinner is ready under 30 minutes.
If you have red cabbage and carrots on hand, shred them up and toss together for a delicious Asian Slaw. The sesame oil dressing is so tasty! If you are short on time and have kimchi on hand, use it as the topping on your tacos. It’s perfect!
More easy Asian dinners:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Asian Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Ground beef caramelized in sweet soy sauce paired with Asian Slaw in flour tortillas. Quick and easy takeout style dinner made in under 30 minutes.
More takeout recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 lb ground beef lean is the best
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame beans
- Heat up oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and saute until onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook over medium heat, breaking it up into bits with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until done and no longer pink.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, oil, pepper flakes, pepper and ginger. Pour sauce over the beef, stir well.
- Cover the pan and let simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine shredded purple cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, onions and beans.
- In a Mason jar or 1-cup measuring cup, whisk together soy sauce, both oils, vinegar, garlic, sugar and ginger. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill each soft tortilla with ground beef, dividing evenly. Top with a generous amount of Asian slaw and garnish with chopped parsley.
Meal prep and make ahead: both Korean beef and the Asian slaw can be made in advance (up to 2 days) and kept in the fridge until ready to assemble tacos.
You can use corn tortillas or crispy shells in place of flour tortillas.
You can skip the taco idea and serve the beef with rice and the slaw on the side.