Korean Beef Rice Bowls Recipe – one of the easiest Asian recipes to make with ground beef. Caramelized saucy meat served over rice comes together in under 20 minutes!
Korean Beef Rice Bowls
What I like the most about creating copycat recipes or our restaurant favorites, is how easy they can be. Take my Easy Cashew Chicken or Mongolian Beef Bowls. They all have the words “quick and easy” in the name for a reason. This Korean Beef Rice Bowl recipe is most definitely one of the easiest you can create in your own kitchen and have dinner ready on the table under 20 minutes. Every bit of the caramelized beef with onion and garlic makes you crave another bite. Serve simple over rice or add steamed vegetables.
This Korean Beef Rice Bowls recipe is a simplified version of the Korean Beef Bulgogi dish, also knows as the Korean BBQ Beef. We are using ground beef here and we are not marinating the meat since it is ground.
How to make Korean Beef?
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. I like to cook it just a little bit past the done stage, until brown bits appear at the bottom of the pan. They give the dish even more flavor.
- Next, mix the sauce ingredients in a measuring cup and pour over meat.
- Stir well, cover the pan and let simmer over low medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Done! Serve beef over rice. You can add steamed vegetables, like broccoli, on the side.
This dish is perfect for one of those days when you have ground beef on hand and not sure what to make with it. Grab a few ingredients from your pantry to make the Korean sauce, cook the beef and simmer in the sauce and you are done! That’s all it takes to make this easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
How to serve Korean beef?
I highly recommend following my recipe for the Perfect Fluffy Rice and make a batch, cool completely, place in a ziploc bag and freeze. Then thaw and heat up while the Korean Beef is cooking in the pan. You can also make the rice the day before, cool completely and store in the fridge overnight. It all saves time and makes dinner time easy!
More Easy Asian Recipes:
For more recipes, browse our Asian category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
KOREAN BEEF RICE BOWLS RECIPE:
More takeout recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 lb ground beef lean is the best
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat up oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and saute until onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook over medium heat, breaking it up into bits with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until done and no longer pink.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, oil, pepper flakes, pepper and ginger. Pour sauce over the beef, stir well.
- Cover the pan and let simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, garnished with chopped scallions or parsley.
I like to cook the beef just pass the done point, until brown bits appear on the bottom of the pan. They add more flavor to the dish. After you add the sauce, make sure you scrape the bottom with the wooden spoon so everything is in the dish.