Easy Cashew Chicken -better than takeout Asian chicken with cashew and vegetables in one delicious sauce! Quick, easy and flavorful!
If you are a fan of our Quick and Easy Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls, you will absolutely love this new recipe!
It's currently our favorite Asian take-out fake-out dishes and we can't get enough of it. The chicken is flavorful, cashews are delicious and the sauce -well, you will want to add it to everything! It has one of my favorite Asian kitchen staples: sweet chili sauce. Combined with garlic, soy sauce and ginger it makes really flavor-packed sauce.
This Cashew Chicken is beautiful, colorful and so delicious! It's super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights. Even the pickiest eaters will love it.
- olive oil
- chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- edamame beans
- red bell pepper
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- sweet chili sauce
We always have cashews on hand for snacking and now I use them in this yummy recipe. I also love adding red bell peppers to Asian dishes. I added a handful of edamame beans because they taste a little nutty to me (which fits perfectly for this dish) and add a pop of green.
If you miss rice for this dish but would love to keep it grain-free, I highly recommend trying my Cauliflower Rice recipe. You can choose any veggies you like to add to the chicken. Steamed broccoli is my go-to veggie side for dishes like this one. It makes for one colorful bowl of good food.
- Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
- Sticky Asian Chicken
- Quick Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Quick and Easy Cashew Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 pounds skinless bone-less chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 and 1/2 cups broccoli steamed
- Heat up oil in a saucepan. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until done.
- In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, chili sauce, ginger and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Add chopped pepper and cashews to chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add edamame beans. Stir.
- Add sauce to chicken and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve cashew chicken with steamed broccoli.
- I tested this recipe with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and both work great. Use what you have on hand.
- You can skip edamame beans or sub with a vegetable of choice.
- If you are missing the rice or want to turn this dish into a rice bowl but keep it grain-free.