Quick Mongolian Beef Rice Bowls Recipe – easy restaurant takeout copycat dish that takes only 20 minutes to make! Flavorful beef in sauce, served with steamed broccoli, rice bowl style.
If you are having a busy schedule ( filled with work or fun adventures) and you are tired of chicken dinners, I have just the recipe for you! Quick and easy Mongolian Beef with broccoli served as a rice bowl. Crazy good! Thanks to my tips, you will make the best Mongolian beef at home in just 20 minutes.
I love quick beef dishes with lots of flavor, like our 20-Minute Beef Stroganoff. It has the perfect amount of sour cream and it’s always a hit. This Mongolian Beef is sweet with a slight kick (totally optional but recommended) and served with steamed broccoli florets and our Perfect Fluffy Rice.
You can say that we are obsessed with Asian take-out dishes here lately, but can you blame us? They are so easy to make, it would take longer just to order them in a restaurant. With just a few staple ingredients, you can make almost any take-out favorite. This one is a must-try. The beef cooks really quickly and the sauce takes only minutes to thicken. You will be enjoying this dinner in no time!
HOW TO MAKE MONGOLIAN BEEF RICE BOWLS?
- For this dish, I highly recommend using a very thinly sliced beef. At least 1/4″ thin but if you can get 1/8″ thin – that would be the best. The thinner the beef, the more tender it will be. The last thing you want is chewy meat here.
- Simply toss the beef with cornstarch, salt and pepper, mix all sauce ingredients together, cook the beef, add sauce and cook until thick.
- Serve with rice and broccoli and enjoy! So quick and easy! You can even mix the sauce mixture ahead of time. I also always have a bag of broccoli that I can pop into a microwave and steam in just 3 minutes.
More take-out copycat recipes:
QUICK MONGOLIAN BEEF AND BROCCOLI RICE BOWLS RECIPE:
Easy restaurant takeout copycat dish that takes only 20 minutes to make! Full of flavor beef in sauce, served with rice and steamed broccoli.
More easy takeout recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 lb beef, sliced at least 1/4" thin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce optional, adds heat
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Make the sauce mixture, by whisking the following in a measuring cup: soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, sweet chili sauce, ginger and cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat up oil in a large pan. Toss beef with salt, pepper and cornstarch. Add half beef to pan and cook 1 minute per side, just until almost done. It will finish cooking with sauce. Remove onto a plate, repeat with second part of beef. Add more oil to pan if needed. When the second batch is done, add the first one and the sauce. Mix well. Stirring often, cook until the sauce thickens.
Serve with cooked rice and steamed broccoli. Garnish with chopped green onions.