10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp Recipe – quick and easy seafood takeout dinner that’s healthy and delicious. Saute shrimp with easy homemade teriyaki sauce and serve with rice and steamed broccoli.
Teriyaki sauce gets a lot of use around here. I make my Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls very often and my Easy Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is always requested. It’s time for a seafood version! I’ve been asked many times for a shrimp version and here it is. It’s quick, easy and super tasty!
10-MINUTE TERIYAKI SHRIMP
This 10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp recipe is the perfect idea for a busy weeknight when you want something healthy and easy. Serve with fluffy rice and steamed broccoli.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI SHRIMP?
- Start by peeling and deveining shrimp.
- Next, whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a 1-cup measuring cup and keep next to the stove, ready to go. The shrimp cook really fast (2 to 3 minutes per side) so it’s best to have the sauce mix ready. You can also make my Homemade Teriyaki Sauce and add to cooked shrimp and heat everything up.
- Cook shrimp in olive oil until pink, then add the sauce. Serve this dish with rice or noodles and steamed vegetables, like broccoli.
RAW SHRIMP VS. COOKED SHRIMP:
You can use both kinds of shrimp in this recipe. However, raw shrimp (sold frozen in bags or at the seafood counter), tastes better. You need to peel it and devein it, and I will be honest and say, it’s not my favorite thing to do in the kitchen. I always pawn it onto my Hubby. If using cooked shrimp, prepare according to instructions on the package. Add sauce and simmer all together.
I like to serve this Teriyaki Shrimp rice bowl style, along with my perfect fluffy rice and steamed broccoli. It’s always a hit here!
TERIYAKI SHRIMP RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- stir fry – all you need to do is add vegetables to the skillet and cook before the shrimp, then toss everything together with the sauce.
- foil packs – add pineapple to the mix and cook this teriyaki shrimp in foil.
- sheet pan – cook shrimp with pineapple and peas on a sheet pan for an even easier dinner. Only one pan to clean!
MORE SEAFOOD RECIPES:
Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon (air fryer or oven baked)
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
10-MINUTE TERIYAKI SHRIMP RECIPE
10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger optional
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- toasted sesame seeds optional
- chopped green onions
- In a measuring cup, whisk all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside, close to the stove.
- Heat up oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp in a single layer, season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce mixture over shrimp and cook on medium low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve with rice or noodles and steamed vegetables, like broccoli.