Crispy Parmesan Tilapia – quick and easy tilapia fillets breaded with Parmesan and pan-fried until golden and crispy. Flaky on the inside and crispy on the outside, this tilapia will be your favorite fish dinner!
Crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. This Parmesan Tilapia is one of my favorite dishes to make with this mild fish. Adding Parmesan to breading not only adds flavor (who doesn’t like toasted cheese!) but also makes the breading even crispier.
This easy Parmesan Tilapia is crispy, flavorful and perfect for a fish and chips dinner. It’s quick and easy, even on busy weeknights. Serve this tilapia with baked potato wedges or fries and a simple salad.
- tilapia fillets
- all-purpose flour
- Parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil
- Start by preparing your breading station: place flour in one shallow dish, egg and milk in another and breadcrumbs and Parmesan in the third dish.
- Season fish with salt. Dip each fillet in flour first (shake off any excess), then in egg mixture and last in the breadcrumb-Parmesan mixture.
- Fry each fillet in heated vegetable oil, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed or roasted vegetables.
You can serve potato fries or wedges for a fish and chips kind of dinner. Steamed or roasted vegetables, like my Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, are fantastic. Sauteed spinach is another quick side that can be served with fried fish.
More seafood recipes:
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- 10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp
- Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Pasta
- Homemade Fish Sticks
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
More seafood recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Season tilapia fillets with salt.
- In one shallow dish, egg and milk. Whisk well. In another shallow dish, place flour. In the third shallow dish, stir breadcrumbs with Parmesan.
- Dip each tilapia fillet in flour first, then egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat up oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Fry each tilapia fillet on both sides until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.