Crispy Parmesan Tilapia - quick and easy tilapia fillets breaded with Parmesan and pan-fried until golden and crispy. Flaky on the inside and crispy on the outside, this tilapia will be your favorite fish dinner!
You can easily make a flavorful seafood dinner, like my Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon or Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Pasta.
Crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. This Parmesan Tilapia is one of my favorite dishes to make with this mild fish. Adding Parmesan to breading not only adds flavor (who doesn't like toasted cheese!) but also makes the breading even crispier.
This easy Parmesan Tilapia is crispy, flavorful and perfect for a fish and chips dinner. It's quick and easy, even on busy weeknights. Serve this tilapia with baked potato wedges or fries and a simple salad.
- tilapia fillets
- all-purpose flour
- Parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil
- Start by preparing your breading station: place flour in one shallow dish, egg and milk in another and breadcrumbs and Parmesan in the third dish.
- Season fish with salt. Dip each fillet in flour first (shake off any excess), then in egg mixture and last in the breadcrumb-Parmesan mixture.
- Fry each fillet in heated vegetable oil, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed or roasted vegetables.
You can serve potato fries or wedges for a fish and chips kind of dinner. Steamed or roasted vegetables, like my Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, are fantastic. Sauteed spinach is another quick side that can be served with fried fish.
More seafood recipes:
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- 10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp
- Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Pasta
- Homemade Fish Sticks
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Crispy Parmesan Tilapia recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Season tilapia fillets with salt.
- In one shallow dish, egg and milk. Whisk well. In another shallow dish, place flour. In the third shallow dish, stir breadcrumbs with Parmesan.
- Dip each tilapia fillet in flour first, then egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat up oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Fry each tilapia fillet on both sides until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This was delicious, I used an air fryer, turned the fish over 400 degrees, 10 minutes per side crisp on the outside delicious on the inside, fish was tender, not over done, just perfect.
This looks amazingly delicious! A must try recipe!
I’ve made it twice. So good, crispy and flaky on the inside. I definitely will make it again
Fantastic! Thank you so much, Nancy!
This tilapia looks so crispy and delicious!
eat good 4 life says
We don't eat chicken or meat but fish is always welcome. This crispy fish recipe looks like something my family would enjoy!
I hope you love it!
That coating looks SO perfectly crispy!!
That crispy crust on the tilapia looks amazing.
Thank you, Sandi!
Chrissie Baker says
The recipe is very easy to follow and it was such a hit! I will definitely make it again!
Thank you so much, Chrissie!
Becky Hardin says
This could be my new favorite way to eat Tilapia!! YUM!!
lauren kelly says
This is my husband's favorite! I can't wait to surprise him with this!
Anna McNamara says
Those potato wedges look really good too! Do you have a recipe for those?
Valentina Ablaev says
We love chicken parmesan and I'm loving this Parmesan Tilapia recipe even more. I bet even my picky eaters would enjoy this recipe.
Pam Dana says
We love Tilapia and this crust was sooo good!