Garlic Butter Mushroom Shrimp Pasta Recipe – quick and easy dinner idea with a ton of flavor. Juicy shrimp is simmered in garlic mushroom butter sauce and tossed with fettuccine. This dish is ready in just 15 minutes!
Garlic butter and mushrooms are most definitely one of my favorite flavor combos. Just the smell of garlic and mushrooms sauteing together in butter makes you hungry and you know the dish will be delicious. Point in case, my Garlic Butter Mushroom Pork Chops. The reviews prove that this combo works every time. Why not with seafood? Shrimp is absolutely fantastic with sauteed mushrooms. Add garlic butter to this combo and the whole dish is transformed into a flavor party!
GARLIC MUSHROOM SHRIMP PASTA
This Garlic Butter Mushroom Shrimp Pasta is perfect for a busy weeknight, yet elegant enough to make for a special occasion. It’s absolutely delicious and so easy to make!
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC MUSHROOM SHRIMP PASTA?
- Start by preparing pasta according to instructions on the box. Heat up olive oil and butter in skillet.
- Add shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails removed), season with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet, add garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes until fragrant and onion is almost translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute until fragrant and soft. Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to simmer. Add shrimp back to skillet and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add the last tablespoon of butter and stir in until melted. Serve sauce over cooked noodles.
WHAT PASTA TO USE IN THIS DISH:
Any kind, really. We love fettuccine but you can use linguine, spaghetti, penne, bow tie, etc. Whatever you like, will work. You could also serve the garlic butter mushroom shrimp sauce over vegetable noodles (like zoodles) or over mashed potatoes or cauliflower.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS DISH:
large skillet (I used non-stick)
one pot (to cook pasta in)
cutting board and knife (to prep the veggies)
Creamy Mushroom Garlic Chicken (can be served over potatoes or pasta)
GARLIC BUTTER MUSHROOM SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE
More easy pasta recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 15 oz. medium or jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 7 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz. dry fettuccine pasta
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil and butter. Add shrimp to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp onto a plate and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to skillet and melt. Add garlic and onion and saute until fragrant and onion is almost translucent about 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add chicken stock and bring mixture to simmer. Add shrimp back to skillet and simmer one minute.
- Add the last tablespoons of butter to dish, stir in until melted. Remove skillet from heat.
- Season dish with salt and pepper. Toss in cooked noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
I used medium shrimp, already peeled and deveined.
Use any pasta you like for this dish. I like fettuccine but linguine, spaghetti, penne, bowtie, etc will work too.