Crispy on the outside and soft in the center, these healthy, baked Sweet Potato Fries are crazy delicious and fast! All you need is oil, cornstarch, spices, and sweet potatoes.
SWEET POTATO FRIES
Raise your hand, if you never say no to a plate of fresh-cooked fries! Me too! What if you could make a plateful of sweet potato fries that are actually crispy yet baked in the oven? Sign me up!
These fries are so much better for you than deep-fat fried ones. They are also so easy to make and great to snack on or serve as a side dish. Perfect for light dinner and 100% kid-approved!
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries?
- Start by placing cut potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and shake to coat.
- Sprinkle cornstarch and spices over fries and toss to coat.
- Spread fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy, flipping once halfway through baking time.
What do you need to make this dish:
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
How do you cut sweet potatoes for French fries?
Start by peeling the potatoes. Next cut into 1/2″ thick slices lengthwise, then each slice into fries. Try to keep them the same length.
Tips for Crispy Fries:
- cut even size fries – this goes for roasting all vegetables; even pieces bake perfectly at the same time.
- toss with cornstarch – that is the secret to crispy homemade fries. It works with regular potatoes too!
- bake in 425 degrees F – higher temperature helps create crispy fries with a soft center.
- flip half-way through baking – turning the fries over after the first 15 minutes will ensure even baking.
MORE MUST-MAKE SWEET POTATO RECIPES:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Cafe Delites
What to serve with Sweet Potato Fries?
Crispy on the outside and soft in the center, these healthy, baked Sweet potato Fries are crazy delicious and fast! All you need is oil, cornstarch, spices and sweet potatoes.
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut into fries (see note).
- Place in a mixing bowl. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Mix cornstarch with garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle over fries. Toss to coat.
- Spread fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip fries onto the other side and bake 10 more minutes. Check if you are happy with the texture, bake up to 5 minutes more if desired.
- Salt fries. Serve with dipping sauce for snack or appetizer or as a side dish.
Cut potatoes into 1/2" thick slices lengthwise, then into 1/4" thick fries. Try to keep them the same length.