Easy Grilled Chicken Recipe - simple way to make juicy and flavorful chicken on any type of grill or grill pan. Perfect summer dinner!
Grilled chicken breast is one of the easiest recipes you can make on a grill this summer. It's perfect when you want to take a break from burgers and hot dogs. Thanks to my simple marinade with oil, soy sauce, spices and garlic the chicken will be juicy and flavorful.
This Easy Grilled Chicken can be prepared the day before and marinaded overnight. You can also make this grilled chicken and use it chopped on top of a simple salad. So tasty!
- chicken breasts or thighs
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- lemon juice
- apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- brown sugar
The best grilled chicken starts with a marinade. You only need a few ingredients to whisk it up and pour over 3 to 4 chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight. The longer you can let the chicken marinade, the better the flavor will be.
How to grill chicken?
When ready, preheat your grill to medium hot and grill chicken breasts on each side for 7 to 9 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts. If you have thick chicken breasts, I recommend slicing them in half lengthwise. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Always check in the thickest part of the breast to ensure it's done. Next, place chicken on a plate and let it rest before slicing or serving. That will keep the chicken juicy and prevent the juices from escaping.
The cooking time for grilled chicken depends on the thickness of the breast. It can take from 7 to 9 minutes on each side for the chicken breast to be done and the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F. Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer. I recommend Thermoworks products. They are very easy to use and extremely accurate.
There is an array of side dishes that can be served with grilled chicken. Our creamy and cool Cucumber Tomato Salad is perfect for summer dinners, as well as it's the delicious Dill Pickle Potato Salad. Let's not forget the popular restaurant favorite: the KFC Coleslaw Recipe and the Instant Pot Baked Beans. One of my favorite drinks to serve with grilled chicken on a hot summer day is my Peach Ginger Agua Fresca. It's so refreshing and thirst-quenching!
Kitchen tools needed:
A grill - you can use gas or charcoal grill for this recipe. You can also use a grill pan and cook the chicken on the stove top.
A pair of metal tongs - very helpful in placing and flipping the chicken on the grill.
A bowl or large container - for marinading the chicken. Large mixing bowl works great here! Just remember to wash the container thoroughly after marinading and discarding the remaining liquid.
A meat thermometer - it is essential for cooking meat. I recommend printing and keeping on hand a sheet with temperature for a variety of meats.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy Grilled Chicken recipe
- 1,5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl or container.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, spices and brown sugar. Pour over chicken. Turn it over to make sure it is coated with marinade.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours. The longer the chicken marinates, the more flavor it will have.
- When ready, preheat the grill to medium high temperature ( between 350 and 400 degrees F).
- Place chicken over direct heat and cook on each side for 7 to 9 minutes OR until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Always check the cooking meat with a thermometer, especially in the thickest parts of the breast.
- Place cooked chicken on plate and let rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting.