Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad – crunchy cucumber, juicy tomatoes and crisp red onions with lighter homemade Ranch dressing make this delicious and flavorful salad a favorite!
Serve this salad with grilled chicken or pork tenderloin, for a fresh and delicious summer meal.
It might be the third salad recipe in a row that I am sharing on my blog, but it’s really all I am craving right now. If I am not munching on a big bowl of my Greek Salad with Barley, I am enjoying a generous serving of this Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad. Spring is here in Kansas and fresh vegetables with a light creamy dressing sound perfect right now. This salad is lightened up since no mayonnaise is used to make the homemade Ranch dressing. It’s still creamy and the flavors bind really well.
This refreshing Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad is perfect for Spring and Summer dinners. It goes well with grilled or roasted meat or steamed salmon. It’s fresh, bright and colorful and absolutely delicious!
- tomatoes (I used Roma)
- red onion
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- dried dill
This Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad requires only a handful of ingredients. Simply chop cucumber, tomatoes and red onion and place in a bowl. Add chopped parsley. In a small measuring cup, whisk together natural sour cream (or Greek yogurt), freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, salt, pepper, dried dill and pour over the vegetables. Stir gently to coat. You can serve the salad immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
No mayo dressing:
I am on a mission to make creamy salads with lighter ingredients. For this Cucumber Tomato combo, I used the same dressing I made for my Greek Salad. It’s very simple: whisk together natural sour cream, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill. You can use dried dill or fresh dill, whatever you have on hand. This salad dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in a glass jar with lid and used later. It’s refreshing and delicious!
More easy salad recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 cucumber
- 2 large Roma tomatoes see note
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic optional
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup natural sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Chop cucumber and tomatoes into bite size pieces. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Add chopped red onion and garlic, if using. Add parsley.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill. Pour over vegetables.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Serve salad immediately or cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve.