Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs Recipe – saucy and fall off the bone baby back ribs with a 5-minute prep and cooked in a slow cooker. Grab the napkins because these are delicious!
My Hubby no longer has to wait for summer to have saucy and fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs. Now I can make them in a slow cooker in the middle of winter, on a day when snow is falling. We can have a full-on summer backyard dinner that didn’t take much work at all, just like my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork! Serve these perfect ribs with my KFC Coleslaw Copycat recipe. It’s a perfect Summer dinner!
These BBQ Ribs are so delicious and sticky, you will need extra napkins! Which also will be a sign of a winner dinner.
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- BBQ sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- baby back pork ribs
- Start by mixing the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Slice the rib tack in half and coat with rub.
- Place in the slow cooker.
- Mix sauce ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- If desired, brush with more BBQ sauce and broil in 420 degrees F oven to caramelize the ribs.
Of course, you can’t just throw ribs in the crockpot, pour barbecue sauce over them and set it to cook. Just like with my Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, these ribs need a rub. It’s quick and easy and perfect for pork. All you need is brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, chili powder and salt. After the rack halves are covered with a rub, you place them in the oven and brush with a mix of your favorite BBQ sauce and apple cider vinegar (not to be confused with apple cider!!). It is my secret ingredient to making fall off the bone pork meat.
More easy BBQ recipes:
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings
- BBQ Cheddar Chicken
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- Remove membrane from the back of ribs. Cut the rack in half.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, chili pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle rub over ribs and rub into the meat.
- Place ribs in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. They will overlap slightly.
- Whisk barbecue sauce with apple cider vinegar and pour over ribs. Brush all over meat.
- Cook ribs on HIGH setting for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F. Remove ribs from slow cooker and place on aluminum foil lined large baking sheet. Brush with more barbecue sauce. Place in oven on middle rack and bake until the the sauce caramelizes, about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- Serve with a side of a coleslaw and extra napkins.