The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork – with just a few ingredients and minimal prep time you can make the best pulled pork right in your slow cooker!
THE BEST SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
If you ask me and my Husband, what is our favorite food – we will always say it’s barbecue. Rich, smoky, slightly spicy meat that’s falling-off-the-bone tender will always make us swoon. It’s our comfort food and a go-to for any occasion. We make it all year round, on the grill and off. The slow cooker is the perfect vessel for making BBQ during the cold months of the year. Especially since the prep time is minimal and you end up with a huge pot of tender and juicy meat with a ton of flavor!
Pork is definitely our favorite meat when it comes to the pulled style. Chicken gets too soft and beef – too chewy. Pork is just perfect as it turns juicy, tender yet still keeps the fibers. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights or to serve to a crowd on a game day! It’s definitely one to keep in your recipe box and make time and time again.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Ingredients:
- 3 lb pork loin roast
- sweet onion
- BBQ sauce
How to make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork?
- To ensure you get the most flavor and richness in this dish, we are adding onions, garlic and a super simple rub to the meat just before smothering it with a generous amount of our favorite barbecue sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- When done, pull the meat apart while still in the slow cooker. Mix together with the juices. Let sit for 10 minutes.
How to make a rub for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork?
You will need:
- brown sugar
- ground cumin
- chili pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and rub all over the pork roast.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Pulled Pork?
- If you are like us, you would be totally happy and content having just the bun filled with a sky-high amount of the pulled pork. But we decided to make a side dish that compliments the meat really well. The red cabbage and apple slaw is easy to make and you can prepare it as soon as you close the lid of your slow cooker and set it for 6 hours. Any coleslaw is the best if it had a chance to chill in the fridge for a few hours. The vinaigrette has a chance to cut the veggies and make them tender. Prep both dishes at the same time and they will be at their perfection by dinner time!
- Another must for a dinner wit pulled pork are baked beans. You can make them in a slow cooker too!
More Easy BBQ Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can make the best pulled pork right in your slow cooker! A side of quick and easy slaw is all you need to make it into one delicious dinner!
- 3 lb pork loin roast
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a small measuring bowl, mix together the rub ingredients (brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, chili pepper and salt). Generously rub the pork roast with spices on all sides.
Place pork roast in the slow cooker.
Arrange onion slices around the roast. Sprinkle minced garlic over onion slices.
Pour barbecue sauce over the meat.
Set your slow cooker to cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
When done, pull meat apart while still in the slow cooker. Mix together with the juices. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Serve on a bun with a side of slaw.