Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - the best and the fastest method to cook corn on the cob is in the Instant Pot. Brush it with garlic Parmesan butter for the perfect summer side dish!
You can easily pressure cook vegetables for quick and easy side dish options. My Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts with bacon and the Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are simply perfect!
I am super excited to share today's recipe with you. First, because I can talk again about my obsession with the Instant Pot and second, because I now have the best and the fastest method to cook corn on the cob this summer. We live in Kansas and corn on the cob is pretty much a must for all weekend dinners, especially when BBQ or grilling is involved. Cooking it in the Instant Pot is completely hands-off, as all I have to do is place the corn in my Instant Pot and set it for... wait for it... 2 minutes! It comes our perfectly done and ready to be brushed with flavored butter!
The first time I made this recipe, I couldn't believe how fast the corn cooked and how perfect it was! My Hubby agrees! No more boiling on the stove in the largest pot I have, no tricks with coolers and hot water and waiting and waiting. Just set it and let the Instant Pot work.
- 4 ears of corn on the cob
- Parmesan cheese
Place trivet or steaming basket in Instant Pot. Add water and place corn in the basket. Close lid and set steam valve to sealing. Press MANUAL, set time to 2 minutes.
When the timer is done, do a quick pressure release by switching the valve to venting position. Remove corn from Instant Pot onto a serving plate.
In a small bowl, mix melted butter with Parmesan and garlic. Brush onto corn.
- whole cobs: let cooked corn on the cob cool completely, then wrap each cob tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe ziploc bag.
- kernels: cool cooked corn on the cob completely. Holding it in a vertical position, cut the kernels off the cob. Place corn in a freezer-safe ziploc bag, squeeze as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Why you should cook corn on the cob in the Instant Pot?
I know steaming is the best way to cook vegetables because none of the nutrients escape to the water so I am super excited to have the Instant Pot and to be able to steam veggies in just minutes. After 2 minutes, the corn is soft yet has a bite. You can cut it off the cob without a mess (after it cools) and use in salads or soups. Perfect! You can go for 3 minutes for a softer texture but I highly recommend trying 2 minutes first. The garlic Parmesan butter is my favorite flavor combo and it goes perfectly with corn on the cob. You can always play with creating lots of different butters for this recipe.
More recipes with corn:
- Cheesy Salsa Rice with Zucchini and Corn
- Cheddar Corn Casserole with Bacon
- Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pasta
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn on the cob
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place trivet or steaming basket in Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water. Place corn in the basket.
- Close lid and set steam valve to sealing.
- Press MANUAL, set time to 2 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove corn from Instant Pot onto a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with Parmesan and garlic. Brush onto corn.
- You can use ½ teaspoon garlic powder in place of fresh minced garlic. You can cut the corn of the cob when cooked, and use in salads or dips.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate.
This recipe was originally published on June 19th, 2017 and updated on October 3rd, 2019.
Hi, the corn looks amazing. How many cobs can you cook at one time and how do you stack them or does that matter? How much time is required for extra cobs? Thanks for the recipe!
Heaven on a cob! Thanks for an amazing recipe!
Thank you, Sommer!
I adore how you can make corn on the cob in the IP!! This is so awesome, we love it!
That's awesome! Thank you, Alli!
we love this so much, we could eat corn on the cob every night!
Same here! It's just so delicious!
The instant pot is amazing. Cool recipe.
Oh my gosh this looks amazing! Thanks so much!
Thank you, Jessica!
Oh my yum! Cannot wait to try this out!
I hope you love it, Lexee!
This was perfect! Thank you! Other than grilling corn, I'm making it this way from now on.... 🙂
Hi Vicky! That's so awesome! Thank you so much!!
Is this on high or low pressure?
The butter sounds like the perfect addition!
I never even considered putting corn in my Instant Pot... What a fun idea! I love the idea of not having to bring a huge pot of water to a boil!