Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pasta with Bacon – a 15-minute dinner idea with summer’s favorite veggies! This will be your favorite summer pasta!
CORN AND ZUCCHINI PASTA
Get ready to be obsessed. This dinner idea is not only quick (hello 15-minute recipe!) but so good, you will be going for seconds! The lazy days of summer are almost over and our schedules are filling up. Setting up a homeschool schedule for my girls and trying to cross off the last home improvements for the summer are currently filling up my days. I am also planning fall recipes for the blog, yet my fridge and countertops are filled with summer produce. Corn and zucchini for example. They happen to be my favorite veggie combo of the season.
Corn and Zucchini Pasta Ingredients:
- whole kernel corn (fresh or canned)
- bow tie pasta
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
How to make Corn and Zucchini Pasta?
Step 1: cook the pasta
Bow tie pasta happens to be my kids favorite and if you are a mom, you know that little things like that help you make the dinner a success. Even if the Hubs and I prefer fettuccine.
Step 2: cook bacon
In this recipe, the bacon is the base of flavors and an easy meat choice for this dish. The bacon cooks to almost crispy just before the veggies go in to sauté in the fat.
Step 3: add veggies
Don’t they all look happy together in the skillet? I just love the colors in this dish!
Step 4: make the sauce
The final step to do before everything gets mixed with cooked pasta, is to add the heavy cream. It’s the easiest way to turn a dish into creamy heaven without using starches like flour or cornstarch. It thickens in minutes and then it’s just adding pasta and serving everything with a garnish of chopped fresh basil or green onions.
Easy Summer Pasta
This pasta will save you on your busiest days and the leftovers are fantastic for lunch the next day. I encourage you to play with the recipe and use cubed chicken instead of bacon (or with!), add spinach and a handful of cheese on top. Heck! I might even make this version myself and share it here!
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
- Healthy Spinach Dip Mac and Cheese
- One-Pot Creamy Mushroom Spinach Pasta with Beans
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pasta with Bacon (15-Minute Dinner)
- 8 oz bow tie pasta
- 4 strips of bacon chopped
- 1.5 cups zucchini cubed
- 1 cup sweet corn fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to manufacturers instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat up a large skillet (I used cast iron) over medium heat. When hot, add bacon and cook until almost all pieces are crispy. Add veggies at once and saute, stirring often. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta. Stir until coated.
- Serve garnished with chopped basil or green onions.
- Refrigerate the leftovers for up to 2 days.