One-Pot Creamy Mushroom Spinach Pasta with Beans – a super simple vegetarian dish that takes only 20 minutes to make cooks together in one pot! Great dinner idea for a busy weeknight!
Meatless dinner never tasted better. Especially if it comes together in just 20 minutes and requires only one pan. Winner for any day of the week!
I have to say, I am crazy about this dish. It saved me on our busiest days lately. Creamy pasta that’s packed with flavor is always a hit in our house. My Hubby and I loved creamy pasta since the days we have been dating. Our kids always clean plates when I use bow ties. Add sauteed mushrooms, spinach and beans and you have a delicious and filling dish on your dinner table.
The one-pot wonders are a true time saver and dinner saver for those days when you feel like you need more than one of you. And we all have those days. On days when you want something delicious and satisfying yet quick and easy. And there are also days when you don’t feel like cooking and you just want to skip right to the dessert. And what about those days when you are feeling under the weather or coughing your lungs up. I feel like everyday I see or hear friends falling sick. This season seems full of bugs and the flu seems to be ruthless. It’s not passing anyone.
This dinner idea is a must make on all of those days. The mushrooms are sauteed in a couple of tablespoons of butter and (I usually add a splash of olive oil). Then spinach (frozen of fresh) and beans (I love the great Northern beans for this dish) are added. Then in goes the uncooked pasta and the liquid and everything is brought to a boil. The whole dish cooks, simmering over a medium-low heat, until the pasta is done. Just like that – stove-top to table in just 20 minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons butter salted or unsalted (if salted, decrease the salt in recipe)
- 6 oz white mushrooms washed and sliced, about 3 .
- 1 15 oz . can white great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen or a handful of fresh spinach
- 3 cups bow tie pasta or other bite size pasta uncooked, 9oz.
- 1.5 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 cup half and half (a half milk and half cream available at the dairy section) or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute until cooked and fragrant.
- Add spinach, beans, pasta, chicken stock (or water), half and half, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir all together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, over medium heat. Stir often.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the pasta is done, about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir and serve.