Pasta Carbonara – the easiest pasta dish you can make! This creamy fettuccine with bacon, ham and cheese is bound to be a hit!
Pasta Carbonara – one of the easiest pasta dishes you can make! It is packed with flavor and so creamy that there are never any leftovers! Because, hello! , bacon, ham and cheese! All tossed together with creamy fettuccine. Dinner in 15 minutes – now that’s a keeper!
One of our favorites that we also make for my Hubby’s birthday. It’s his favorite Italian dish. A few years ago, I learned how to make it from scratch at home and let me tell you – we are both super happy about that! 🙂 If you have the Instant Pot, check out my Instant Pot Pasta Carbonara recipe. It’s amazing!
Pasta dishes have been getting lots of love here on Crunchy Creamy Sweet. Thank you to all of you that try the recipes, share them and report back to me how much you enjoy them!
WHAT IS PASTA CARBONARA?
This dish is significant to the Midwest as the coal miners in southeast Kansas were making this pasta, hence the name: carbonara (from carbon). You can argue the origin of this dish. Some say that during World War 2 brought bacon to Europe and were cooking this dish over there. We like to think it comes from here. 🙂 Whoever came up with this dish, was a genius. Creamy pasta and meat – you can never go wrong with that!
HOW TO MAKE PASTA CARBONARA?
- The dish starts with frying the bacon in a large skillet. You can either chop it into small pieces before frying or break it as soon as it gets crispy.
- To the bacon and it’s grease, you add the ham and garlic and let these cook. The original recipe had the sauce based on eggs but we are simplifying the dish today.
- A simple mixture of milk and cornstarch added to the pan will create a creamy sauce and let all of the ingredients and flavors bind together. If you want to lighten it up, bake the bacon in the oven and add to the finished sauce.
- In the end, stir up the Parmesan cheese until it melts. This is one comforting pasta dish that you will love! Easy and packed with flavor! Enjoy!
MORE EASY PASTA RECIPES:
PASTA CARBONARA RECIPE:
- 6 oz . fettuccine pasta uncooked
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch you can use flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- Add ham and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add to the skillet and cook until thickened.
- Add Parmesan and cook until melted.
- Add pasta to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper before serving.