Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake – creamy chicken pasta that’s easy to make and a sure hit for dinner time! You can make it ahead and freeze it!
After the big popularity of our Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta (in only two weeks it got over 50K pins!!), we are back with another cheesy pasta dish for your busy weeknights! Just like last time, we are taking one of our favorite dishes and simplifying it and making it into a pasta bake that you can make in the morning and chill until dinner time or freeze it to have later. It’s a fantastic dinner solution for those days when there is so much going on, you want to spend minimum time in the kitchen. It’s also a great dish to make for friends who just had a baby or someone who is recovering from sickness.
Chicken Alfredo is one of my Hubby’s favorite dishes to order in Italian restaurants. It’s creamy and garlicky and super satisfying. All you need is a side of a salad and bread and you have one fabulous Italian dinner. Now that is bound to be a hit!
This dinner idea is perfect for the chilly fall and winter days that are right around the corner. You will love how easy it is to put together and how flavorful it is! For a vegetarian version, skip the chicken and sub it with corn, cooked squash or other veggie. I used penne pasta in this dish but wide noodles work great too! I know some kids prefer them in pasta dishes so feel free to use them. I used mozzarella cheese because I love how it melts into a perfect gooey cheesy layer. You can use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella too! That’s why I love this dish – you can adjust it to your and your family likings. And if you are cooking for two, half the recipe and you may even have leftovers for lunch the next day!
This dish is truly a winner!
- 2.5 cups uncooked penne rigate pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 oz . cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 pkg dry Ranch mix
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup and 1/4 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain and keep warm.
- Dice chicken, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, Ranch mix, half and half and minced garlic.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to the garlic mixture and stir all together. Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish.
- At this point, you can cover the dish with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before baking let it sit in room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until it sizzles and the cheese is melted.
- If serving right away, top the dish with cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degree F oven. The cheese should be melted. You can then turn the oven to broiler (on low setting) and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese bubbles up and gets golden brown spots.
- Let stand in room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com, based on our [Cheesy Spinach Chicken Pasta Bake|https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/cheesy-spinach-dip-chicken-pasta/ ]