Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these roasted potatoes are the easiest side dish ever!
Roasting vegetables is my favorite and my go-to way of cooking them. It makes for the most delicious side dish because roasting brings out the flavors and you can take virtually any veggie and turn it into a delicious dish the whole family will love. My Roasted Broccoli is on our menu every week and my Brussels Sprouts with the incredible Parmesan breadcrumb coating is a must for any holiday dinner. These Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes are tossed with butter, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and roasted to perfection.
How to make Roasted Potatoes?
- Start with preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, scrub the potatoes clean. Cut each potato into the same size (bite-size is the best) pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, olive oil and spices. Add minced garlic and stir in.
- Pour the mixture over potatoes and toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on prepared sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes OR until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
What potatoes are the best for roasting?
I prefer red or golden potatoes for roasting. Sweet potatoes are perfect roasted and mashed. Idaho or Russet potatoes are more starchy and better mashed or as baked potatoes.
Tips for the Best Roasted Potatoes:
- butter and oil combo – olive oil and unsalted butter will give you the golden brown, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside potatoes. Besides, the addition of butter makes the potatoes taste richer.
- single layer – arranging the potato chunks in a single layer makes for even baking and prevents some pieces from overbaking while others are not done yet.
- same size chunks – that goes for anything that you want to roast in the oven. Cutting the potatoes into pretty much the same size pieces will ensure that they all roast perfectly and are done at the same time.
- parchment paper – it makes for easy cleanup and prevents the potatoes from sticking to the baking sheet. I do not use aluminum foil as sometimes the potatoes still stick to it and it’s easy to rip the foil while trying to remove the potatoes. No one wants aluminum foil in their food!
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
- Garlic Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs golden potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wash and scrub potatoes clean. Dry with paper towels.
- Cut potatoes into same size (bite size) pieces. Arrange in a single layer on prepared sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, oil and spices. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Roast potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes OR until the potatoes appear soft when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven.
- Serve immediately or cool and divide into meal prep containers to use within 5 days.