This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is the best broccoli dish ever! Perfectly roasted broccoli with crunchy garlic Parmesan coating is a tasty side dish everyone will enjoy!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This is it, people! This is the BEST recipe for roasted broccoli EVER. It's 100% kid-approved and it will turn you into a broccoli lover and actually make you excited about this green vegetable. It is also crazy easy to make and requires only a handful of ingredients.
Not only you will devour every broccoli bite but also every single bit of the crunchy garlic Parmesan topping.
We already covered Brussels sprouts and turned them into one tasty dish. Let's do the same with this unpopular vegetable and make it permanent on our menus. This roasted broccoli is the best and tastiest way to cook this vegetable and enjoy it!
I know that sounds like a lot of excitement over a veggie. But trust me. This recipe is the best and the only one you need to actually enjoy eating broccoli. Forget everything you were told about this vegetable that made you skip it in the produce aisle.
- fresh broccoli: I used medium size heads of broccoli and cut it into florets;
- olive oil: helps the breading stick to the vegetable;
- garlic: I prefer fresh but a powder can be used as well;
- Parmesan cheese: use freshly grated for the best flavor;
- bread crumbs: use plain, Italian style or mix them with panko; you can also make bread crumbs from scratch.
How to roast broccoli?
Roasting vegetables is my favorite way to cook them. I simply take two broccoli heads and chop them into florets. Then I toss the florets with the seasoned oil mixture and Parmesan breadcrumbs and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
This broccoli is out-of-this-world delicious! We serve it with roasted chicken or grilled fish fillets.
Next time you need a simple yet delicious side dish or simply want to eat more broccoli but you are not sure how to make it tasty, try this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and prepare to be amazed!
- Use parchment paper instead of aluminum foil. I use unbleached parchment. The veggies never stick and the cleanup is a breeze!
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I don't recommend the stuff in a green bottle.
- Use melted butter in place of oil. The broccoli will be so buttery and crispy!
You can use gluten-free bread crumbs or skip them altogether and use more Parmesan cheese.
I do not recommend frozen broccoli here. Many times frozen broccoli was blanched before freezing. It will have too much moisture and won't crisp up while baking.
Absolutely! Use cauliflower with broccoli or substitute completely.
Yes! If you are using an air fryer to roast broccoli, set the timer to 8 minutes, then check if the broccoli is done. Typically, air frying time is half of the oven roasting time.
More roasted vegetable recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
The Best Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- 2 medium head of broccoli see note
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs plain or Italian style
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim broccoli heads and cut into florets. Cut large florets in half.2 medium head of broccoli
- Place broccoli in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Toss to coat.4 Tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 3 garlic cloves
- Add Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and toss to coat.¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Spread broccoli on prepared sheet. If there is any leftover breadcrumb mixture in the bottom of the bowl, sprinkle it over broccoli.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and the breadcrumb mixture is golden brown.
- If you are using already trimmed broccoli, you will need 4 cups.
- You can use 3 teaspoons of minced garlic in olive oil (you can buy it in small jars) in place of fresh garlic cloves.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.