This Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower recipe makes crispy cauliflower bites with garlic Parmesan breading. They are baked in the oven instead of fried. It's bound to become your favorite vegetable side dish!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Roasting cauliflower is my favorite way of preparing it. This underrated vegetable has so much to offer and roasting it definitely tops the list. It brings out its delicious flavor and paired with garlic, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs create an irresistible dish. To make crunchy breaded cauliflower bites, you can use one of two methods. The final result is irresistible crunchy cauliflower bites!
- cauliflower - I used a medium size fresh cauliflower head. I do not recommend frozen cauliflower florets.
- butter - Not only does it allow the breading to stick to the cauliflower, but helps the florets brown nicely.
- garlic - Add flavor during roasting. I recommend using fresh garlic bulbs, but garlic powder works in a pinch.
- bread crumbs - I used plain, but Italian style or even panko can be used. If you don't have any on hand, make my homemade bread crumbs. It's so easy!
- Parmesan cheese - Adds toasted cheese flavor and crunch to the florets.
How to make roasted cauliflower?
- First cut the cauliflower head into florets, roughly the same size. You can slice the big florets in half if needed.
- You can either toss the cauliflower with olive oil or melted butter and then sprinkle with the breading mixture and stir to coat. I use this method in my The Best Roasted Broccoli recipe. The other option, that helps prevent any breading from falling off the cauliflower pieces, is to dip each floret into melted butter and then into the breading mixture. I use this method in my Baked Artichoke Hearts recipe and it's perfect!
How long does it take to roast cauliflower in the oven?
The time of baking cauliflower in the oven depends on the size of the pieces. If you cut the cauliflower head into florets, bite-size pieces, you need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F for 25 to 27 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown. The whole cauliflower will take longer and the timing again will depend on how big the cauliflower head is. For an average size head, it may take anywhere from 40 to 50 minutes. Cauliflower steaks take about 15 minutes of baking time.
- Cut the cauliflower into same-size florets so they all bake evenly.
- To save time, you can use a zip loc bag to coat the cauliflower. Place it in the bag, drizzle with butter, and shake to coat. Add breading, shake again, and place all on a baking sheet.
- After baking, drizzle hot sauce over the florets for the hot wings flavor!
I recommend using fresh cauliflower. Frozen florets need to be thawed and will still have excess moisture. This can cause the cauliflower to burn and not roast properly.
Of course! Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes. An air fryer will usually cut the roasting time in half. Make sure to not overcrowd the basket or tray. The air needs to circulate around the food.
Absolutely! Use them along with plain bread crumbs or on their own. They will add even more crunch!
More delicious side dish recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Italian or plain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.1 medium cauliflower head
- Remove all leaves from cauliflower head. Cut cauliflower into florets, all roughly the same size. You can slice the large florets in half, if needed.
- Melt butter and in a small bowl. Add garlic and stir in.½ cup butter, 2 garlic cloves
- Place breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese in another bowl.1 cup Italian or plain breadcrumbs, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dip each cauliflower piece into butter first, then to breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded piece on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until you use up all cauliflower.
- Roast cauliflower for 35 to 32 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown.
- This cauliflower can be served as a side dish or an appetizer along with a dipping sauce, like Ranch.
- This breading method prevents the coating mixture from falling off the cauliflower pieces. You can also pour the melted butter over cauliflower bites in a bowl and toss gently to coat. Then sprinkle with breading mixture and stir to coat. Bake as instructed in the recipe above.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.