Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Recipe – crispy cauliflower bites with garlic Parmesan breading, baked in the oven instead of fried. So tasty!
Roasting cauliflower is my favorite way of preparing it. This under-rated vegetable has so much to offer and roasting it definitely tops the list. It brings out its delicious flavor and paired with garlic, Parmesan and breadcrumbs create an irresistible dish. To make crunchy breaded cauliflower bites, you can use one of two methods. The final result is irresistible crunchy cauliflower bites!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER?
- To make the best roasted cauliflower, first cut the cauliflower head into florets, roughly the same size. You can slice the big florets in half, if needed.
- You can either toss the cauliflower with olive oil or melted butter and then sprinkle with the breading mixture and stir to coat. I use this method in my The Best Roasted Broccoli recipe. The other option, that helps prevent any breading from falling off the cauliflower pieces, is to dip each floret into melted butter and then into the breading mixture. I use this method in my Baked Artichoke Hearts recipe and it’s perfect!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ROAST CAULIFLOWER IN THE OVEN?
Time of baking cauliflower in the oven depends on the size of the pieces. If you cut the cauliflower head into florets, bite-size pieces, you need to preheat the oven 400 degrees F for 25 to 27 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown. Whole cauliflower will take longer and the timing again will depend on how big the cauliflower head is. For average size head, it may take anywhere from 40 to 50 minutes. Cauliflower steaks take about 15 minutes of baking time.
MORE ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower recipe
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Italian or plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove all leaves from cauliflower head. Cut cauliflower into florets, all roughly the same size. You can slice the large florets in half, if needed.
- Melt butter and in a small bowl. Add garlic and stir in.
- Place breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower piece into butter first, then to breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded piece on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until you use up all cauliflower.
- Roast cauliflower for 35 to 32 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown.