Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots – sweet and garlicky carrots roasted to perfection! The easiest and most delicious way to enjoy this vegetable!
BROWN SUGAR ROASTED CARROTS
Roasting vegetables is my very favorite way to prepare them. There is a long list of veggies I never make any other way. Brussels sprouts and broccoli are on the top of the list. It brings out the sweetness and infuses them with so much flavor, my kids always clean the plates. And let’s face it – if you can get your kiddos to eat veggies, you are winning!
These carrots are sweet and garlicky thanks to the mix of brown sugar and garlic powder. Using butter in place of oil makes them melt-in-your-mouth delicious! This is a great quick and easy side dish idea for holiday celebration dinners or busy weeknights.
HOW TO ROAST CARROTS?
- You can cut the carrots however you like: into sticks, like I did, or chunks.
- Stir them well to coat with brown sugar butter mixture and bake until soft.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and watch them disappear!
My family loves baby carrots roasted with garlic and Parmesan or red potatoes with lemon and garlic but I think it’s safe to say that these carrots disappeared the fastest. They are just that good! Roasted carrots are also fantastic to turn into a soup.
MORE ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES:
BROWN SUGAR ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE
- 2 lbs carrots (about 7 medium) peeled
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut carrots into sticks or chunks. Place on sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and melted butter. Drizzle over carrots. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes OR until the carrots are tender. Remove from oven, place onto serving dish.