Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Recipe – the BEST WAY to enjoy Brussels sprouts! Bacon roasting in the oven with fresh cranberries makes them quite irresistible.
It’s time to bring Brussels sprouts back and in a big, delicious way! Tossed in bacon grease, spread on a baking sheet with fresh cranberries and roasted to perfection in just 20 minutes, this is a perfect side dish for busy weeknight dinner or a holiday feast. Also, I think it looks pretty too.
Roasting vegetables brings out their rich and deep flavor. I prefer this way of cooking them above boiling (let’s not do that anymore!) and steaming. While we grill a lot of them during summer, I always oven roast them when the weather turns chilly.
The prep for this dish is very easy and doesn’t take much time. Cook bacon in a saucepan, remove onto paper towel lined plate. Trim the Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper and toss in bacon grease. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, add fresh cranberries and roast for 20 minutes in 400 degrees F. They are ready when Brussels sprouts are tender and cranberries burst. Roasting brings out sweetness in the sprouts, which pairs perfectly with tarty cranberries and crispy bacon.
For a dinner on a busy weeknight, add seasoned chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces and diced sweet potatoes and bake. I’ve made this dish several times and there are never any leftovers!
I plan on serving them along my Creamy Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, the Green Bean Casserole from Scratch, my Hubby’s favorite Sausage Stuffing and this Sweet Potato Casserole with two toppings on Thanksgiving this year.
PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST!
CLICK HERE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK.
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan until crispy. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Reserve bacon grease.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim Brussels sprouts. Place on a parchment paper lined large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Pour bacon grease over sprouts. Toss gently. Add fresh cranberries.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and cranberries burst.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle over vegetables.
- Serve immediately.