These Sauteed Mushrooms in garlic butter will take any dish to a new level! It only takes 10 minutes to make them.
Serve them with pork chops, roasted or grilled chicken, steak or as a burger topping.
Why This Recipe Works
Mushrooms with garlic are my secret ingredients in the kitchen. I know a dish will be delicious if these two are included. These Sauteed Mushrooms perfectly marry both. Start by melting butter, then add mushrooms and garlic and saute until everything is fragrant. This is a perfect topping for any meat, noodles, rice, risotto or burgers.
- baby Bella mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- dried or fresh thyme
- Start by melting butter in a skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Saute until fragrant.
How to serve it?
This dish is perfect over mashed potatoes, on steak, pork chops or chicken. I love to serve it with risotto or couscous. If you need an easy lunch, slice a baguette in half, brush with melted butter, top with these mushrooms and cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
What mushrooms can I use?
Any! I prefer baby bella mushrooms but you can use shiitake or white mushrooms.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, this dish can be made up to 2 days in advance. Reheat it in the pan or in a microwave. The texture should not change.
How to store leftovers?
Any leftovers are best stored in a container in the fridge.
- mushrooms: make sure to wash them well; then slice into about ¼" slices (no too thin).
- garlic: use fresh, not powder. Mince it, chop finely or slice thinly.
- butter: use unsalted so you can control the flavor. Add more salt after the dish is finished.
- black pepper: mushrooms love it so don't be shy with it
- thyme: one of the best herbs to add to mushrooms; you can use dried or fresh
More side dish recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms see note
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced or chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- Wash and dry mushrooms. Slice into about ¼" slices (not too thin). You can even just slice them in half if they are particularly small.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and the dish is fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You can use shiitake or white mushrooms too.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use the calorie counter you are familiar with.
Made this for the family and it was a hit!
The garlic really gives these a nice flavor! They are perfectly tender & great on so many dishes!
Such an easy recipe and wonderful tasting side dish! The garlic makes them so yummy!
Yum! These are my favorite! I absolutely adore these incredible mushrooms. As a side...on a burger...on a steak...over pasta with olive oil and toasted pine nuts...I will never stop loving these mushrooms!