These Baked Pork Chops are brined in salted water, then seasoned and baked. This is the easiest way to make juicy, tender and flavorful boneless pork chops.
This budget-friendly dinner idea features boneless pork chops that are brined in salted water and baked in the oven for 15 minutes. They are juicy and full of flavor! This recipe has minimal prep time and is perfect even for weeknight dinners. You can make a salad and mashed potatoes while the pork chops are baking.
- boneless pork chops (about ¾" thick)
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
Step by step instructions
If your pork chops were in the fridge, you need to let them come to room temperature before baking. Letting them sit in the brine for 30 minutes will do that and also ensure that your chops are juicy and tender.
Step 1: brine
The secret to perfect juicy pork chops is to let them sit in salty water for at least 30 minutes before baking.
Step 2: season and bake
Place pork chops on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Rub it into each pork chop and bake for 15 minutes. Check internal temperature and bake for few more minutes or remove from oven.
I used boneless pork chops and they were done after 15 minutes of baking at 375 degrees F oven. Since every oven is different, so check the temperature of each pork chop before adding more minutes to cook time. It should be 145 degrees F.
- brine in salty water: this ensures that your pork chops are juicy and tender; make sure to pat the chops with a paper towel before seasoning and baking.
- do not over bake: check the internal temperature of each pork chop after 15 minutes of baking. If it reached 145 degrees F, the chops are done.
- season: mix seasoning in a small bowl and rub on both sides of each pork chop. Make sure to drizzle olive oil first to help the seasoning stick to the chops.
- breaded: season and dredge each pork chop in breadcrumbs, then spray with cooking oil spray and bake
- sweet: add brown sugar or honey to seasoning mixture
- add sweet onions and apples to pork chops and bake together on a sheet pan
- stuffed: cut each pork chop lengthwise and fill with cream cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture
You can serve these pork chops with any side dish, from roasted veggies to salads and slaws.
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sauteed Spinach
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Mushroom Sauce
More easy dinners:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Baked Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Place water and salt in a large bowl. Submerge pork chops in salty water and let them sit in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix garlic powder, paprika, salt, Italian seasoning and oregano in a small bowl.
- Remove pork chops from water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chops on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning over each pork chops and rub on both sides.
- Baked pork chops for 15 minutes. Check internal temperature with meat thermometer. If it reads 145 degrees F, the chops are done. If not, you can add 2 to 3 minutes to the baking time.
- Let pork chops sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- My pork chops were about ¾" thick.