Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing – save time and oven space this Thanksgiving! This slow cooker stuffing is easy, perfectly moist and delicious! You have to have it on your holiday table!
Get ready for more family time and celebration and less time in the kitchen! This season, all recipes I will be sharing for the holidays are easy and with time-saving in mind.
This year, not sure why more then before, I am planning on getting my holiday dinners prepped ahead of time and use all the helpful appliances that I have. Like my trusty slow cooker. Actually, I am thinking of getting another one, maybe smaller because I want to make more than one side dish in it. I am planning on watching the kiddos goof out on the living room floor and doing their annual show, watching our favorite holiday movies, singing our favorite Christmas songs, and recording it all on my camera and phone. What I am not planning on is running like crazy in the kitchen, trying to get everything done, getting frustrated because I can’t find something and watching the clock ticking away. By the end of the day, I am tired instead of excited.
Not this year. This holiday season, I want easy, time-saving yet still full of flavor dishes that everyone will love and say we need to make them every year. Since stuffing is one of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes (that is if you can choose, because I also love sweet potato casserole and my Green Bean Casserole from scratch, not to mention the desserts!), it needs to pass my Hubby’s test and still be easy to make.
This Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing is all that. I was anxiously awaiting it to finish cooking so we can try it. My Hubby is very particular about the traditional dishes for holidays and I knew he will be honest with me. To my delight, he loved the dish and requested it for the holidays! Yes!
So, whether you are hosting the holidays or planning to be a guest, you can make this stuffing and it is sure to please the family. This stuffing is deliciously savory (you can use Italian sausage or sage sausage), perfectly moist without getting soggy, with a slight crunch to the bits that cooked by the side of the pot.
Dust off your slow cooker and put it to a good use this holiday season. Make this comfort food favorite with minimal prep and watch your family loving it!
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread cut into 3/4" cubes (see note)
- 3 Tablespoons butter for greasing the slow cooker
- 1 lb sage or Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups and 1/2 chicken or vegetable broth see note
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter. Add sausage and cook until done.
- Add chopped onion, celery and garlic. Cook until veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Grease slow cooker.
- Add bread cubes to the slow cooker.
- Add sausage and veggie mixture, stir gently.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, broth, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Add liquid to the slow cooker. Gently stir.
- Cook stuffing on low for 5 hours.
*Do not use freshly baked bread for this recipe. Stale (two day old) bread is better. If you don't have stale bread, cut the bread into cubes, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes. *You can use chicken stock in this recipe, however I find broth more flavorful so that's what I recommend.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Related Recipes :