Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing - save time and oven space this Thanksgiving! This slow cooker stuffing is easy, perfectly moist and delicious! You have to have it on your holiday table!
Served it alongside Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast, my Classic Sweet Potato Casserole and my Green Bean Casserole from scratch, not to mention the desserts!
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STUFFING
This year, not sure why more then before, I am planning on getting my holiday dinners prepped ahead of time and use all the helpful appliances that I have. Like my trusty slow cooker. Since stuffing is one of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes, it needs to pass my Hubby's test and still be easy to make. This Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing is deliciously savory (you can use Italian sausage or sage sausage), perfectly moist without getting soggy, with a slight crunch to the bits that cooked by the side of the pot.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing Ingredients:
- Italian of French bread
- sage or Italian sausage
- sweet onion
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
How to make Sausage Stuffing in the slow cooker?
- Cook sausage in a skillet with butter.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook 10 minutes.
- Cut bread into ¾" cubes and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Add sausage mixture and stir all together.
- Whisk eggs, broth, and seasonings and pour over stuffing.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours.
More Slow Cooker Holiday Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or so I can check it out!
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread cut into ¾" cubes (see note)
- 3 Tablespoons butter for greasing the slow cooker
- 1 lb sage or Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth see note
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup of butter. Add sausage and cook until done.
- Add chopped onion, celery and garlic. Cook until veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Grease slow cooker.
- Add bread cubes to the slow cooker.
- Add sausage and veggie mixture, stir gently.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, broth, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Add liquid to the slow cooker. Gently stir.
- Cook stuffing on low for 5 hours.
Hi Anna - could I halve this recipe and bake for the same time in the oven? I plan to have it for Christmas with your IPot bone in turkey breast. Or, could it go under the breast to cook in IP and would that need more time? Sorry for all the questions and thank you!
Hi Jane! May I suggest my Classic Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe that is baked in the oven? You can add sausage to it. Here is the recipe: https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/classic-thanksgiving-stuffing/ Let me know if this helps!
Brenda Schang says
If I decide to bake in oven rather than use a slow cooker ... how long do you suggest
I bake ?
Hi Brenda! I didn't test this particular recipe in the oven but I usually bake my stuffing at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, while covered with foil, then for 10 minutes more, uncovered to crisp up the top. I hope this helps!
Can you use prepackaged bread crumbs?
Hi Marilyn! Do you mean store-bought stuffing? I did not test this recipe with ready stuffing.
Can you double this recipe?
Hi Susan! Yes, you can double this recipe. Increase the cooking time to 6 to 7 hours on LOW setting. I hope this helps!
Cookin Canuck says
We often make our bread stuffing with sausage, so this sounds absolutely perfect to me. And I love that it can be made in the slow cooker.
Cathy Trochelman says
Cheers to not running around like a crazy person....although easier said than done! Slow cooker stuffing will definitely help with that!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I love time saving recipes too, especially for special occasions! I don't want to spend most of my time cooking at the kitchen. This stuffing sounds flavorful and perfect for Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing!
Erin @ Texanerin Baking says
Your kids do a show?! That's fun! And I'm all for recipes that save on oven space. I only have one so I need as many recipes like this as possible!
Maris (In Good Taste) says
LOVE this idea. My office is doing a Thanksgiving potluck and I'm super excited to try slow cooker stuffing -- will be fun to make it in our mini kitchen 🙂
This sounds like a good idea for a potluck!
Ashley | The Recipe Rebel says
This is brilliant! I love all kinds of holiday shortcuts that make those big meals less stressful. Looks amazing Anna!