Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing – save time and oven space this Thanksgiving! This slow cooker stuffing is easy, perfectly moist and delicious! You have to have it on your holiday table!
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STUFFING
This year, not sure why more then before, I am planning on getting my holiday dinners prepped ahead of time and use all the helpful appliances that I have. Like my trusty slow cooker. Since stuffing is one of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes, it needs to pass my Hubby’s test and still be easy to make. This Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing is deliciously savory (you can use Italian sausage or sage sausage), perfectly moist without getting soggy, with a slight crunch to the bits that cooked by the side of the pot.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing Ingredients:
- Italian of French bread
- sage or Italian sausage
- sweet onion
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
How to make Sausage Stuffing in the slow cooker?
- Cook sausage in a skillet with butter.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook 10 minutes.
- Cut bread into 3/4″ cubes and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Add sausage mixture and stir all together.
- Whisk eggs, broth, and seasonings and pour over stuffing.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours.
More Slow Cooker Holiday Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or so I can check it out!
Save time and oven space this Thanksgiving! This slow cooker stuffing is easy, perfectly moist and delicious! You have to have it on your holiday table!
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread cut into 3/4" cubes (see note)
- 3 Tablespoons butter for greasing the slow cooker
- 1 lb sage or Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth see note
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter. Add sausage and cook until done.
Add chopped onion, celery and garlic. Cook until veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
Grease slow cooker.
Add bread cubes to the slow cooker.
Add sausage and veggie mixture, stir gently.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, broth, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
Add liquid to the slow cooker. Gently stir.
Cook stuffing on low for 5 hours.
*Do not use freshly baked bread for this recipe. Stale (two day old) bread is better. If you don't have stale bread, cut the bread into cubes, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.
*You can use chicken stock in this recipe, however I find broth more flavorful so that's what I recommend.