This Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is creamy and delicious! Penne, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach in creamy Parmesan sauce come together in just 20 minutes.
INSTANT POT TUSCAN CHICKEN PASTA
If you haven’t tried cooking pasta dish in your Instant Pot, you need to start now! This Tuscan Chicken Pasta is easy and perfect even for pressure cooking beginners. It’s creamy, flavorful and will feed the whole family.
The Tuscan flavors come from sun-dried tomatoes, creamy garlic Parmesan sauce and fresh spinach. Cooking the chicken with seasoning ensure flavor because the dried herbs are activated during sauteeing and infused into the meat. It’s my secret to making any dishes that involve herbs.
This dish is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Top it with grated Parmesan cheese and serve with buttery breadsticks for a filling meal.
How to make Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
- Start by making sure your stainless steel insert is in the Instant Pot.
- On the saute setting, heat up olive oil and saute onion and garlic. Add chicken and seasoning and cook until chicken is almost done. Turn saute setting off.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pot by adding a little bit of liquid to the pot. This will prevent the burn message.
- Add pasta and water and stir everything together. Close the lid, set valve to sealing and timer for 5 minutes.
- When done, quickly release the pressure and stir in spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, evaporated milk and half and half/cornstarch mixture. Season the pasta to taste and serve.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta:
- penne pasta
- chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning, salt, pepper
- chicken stock and water
- sun-dried tomatoes
- evaporated milk
- half and half
- Parmesan cheese
More Instant Pot Recipes like this:
Instant Pot Creamy Italian Pasta from A Mind Full Mom
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance! Seeing BURN message on your IP? Read my Instant Pot Burn Message post to learn why and how to save your dish. For more Instant Pot recipe, feel free to browse our Instant Pot category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
INSTANT POT TUSCAN CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set the stainless steel insert in your Instant Pot. Press saute setting and wait 2 minutes.
- Add oil to Instant Pot and heat up. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and chicken, sprinkle with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and oregano. Stir and cook until chicken is almost done.
- Press "cancel/off" button. Add 1/2 cup of water to Instant Pot and scrape any cooked on bits from the bottom of the pot. This will prevent the burn message.
- Add remaining water and chicken stock. Stir everything together. Try to press the pasta down into liquid as best as possible.
- Close the lid, set valve to sealing position (newer models do it on their own) and press manual setting. Set timer to 5 minutes. The IP will beep and then start coming to pressure.
- Once the timer is done, press "cancel/off" button and wait for 2 to 3 minutes; then flip the valve to venting position to quickly release the pressure.
- Carefully open the lid away from your face. Stir the pasta well.
Add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and evaporated milk and stir well.
- Mix half and half with cornstarch and add to pasta. Stir well.
- Let pasta sit for about 5 minutes, then stir again, add Parmesan cheese and stir it in.
To make this dish vegetarian, skip the chicken and use 2 cans of white beans (drained and rinsed).
You can use any bite-size pasta you like.