Golden Milk Latte Recipe - delicious immune-boosting drink with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and your choice of milk.
This latte is not only delicious but very good for you, just like my Avocado Glow Smoothie or the Beets and Berries Smoothie.
GOLDEN MILK LATTE
This Golden Milk Latte ( or Turmeric Tea ) is creamy and delicious! I don't use any sweetener for it but you can use zero calorie stevia or maple syrup. The pure vanilla extract gives it enough sweet flavor for me ( even though it is not a sweetener ). I love to enjoy a mug of this warm drink on almost every afternoon.
Golden Milk Latte Ingredients:
- milk (any kind)
- ground ginger
- vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- black pepper
How to make Golden Milk Latte?
- In a small saucepan, combine milk ( any you like; use almond milk to make it vegan ), spices and coconut oil and heat up. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug or two.
- Add freshly brewed coffee, if you like. To sweeten, add stevia or maple syrup. Enjoy warm.
Is turmeric healthy?
Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. It helps prevent and treat disease. It helps boost your immune system so if you are feeling like you might be coming down with a cold or flu, make a cup of this warm and delicious Golden Milk Latte to help your body.
After learning about the benefits of turmeric a while ago, I have been trying to find ways to add it to our diet. I don't make curry enough so I needed more ideas. I absolutely love to add ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric to plain white rice. It's so good! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of buzz around the Golden Milk Latte and decided I had to try it. Now, I am completely sold and love this golden drink! It really is like pure gold!
Do I need to use black pepper?
Don't let the addition of black pepper scare you off. You only need a tiny bit. Black pepper contains piperine that enhances the absorption of curcumin significantly. Google it for more info on this subject.
More Drink recipes:
Golden Milk Latte
- 2 cups milk any you like: whole, almond, coconut or mix
- 1.5 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk well.
- Heat up over medium-low heat, do not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug.
- Add sweetener of choice if needed.
Thank you for the recipe! I've tried a bunch of tumeric milks and this tasted the best. I did add a small spoonful of sugar to sweeten it up and it was great.