Golden Milk Latte Recipe - delicious immune-boosting drink with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and your choice of milk.
GOLDEN MILK LATTE
This Golden Milk Latte ( or Turmeric Tea ) is creamy and delicious! I don't use any sweetener for it but you can use zero calorie stevia or maple syrup. The pure vanilla extract gives it enough sweet flavor for me ( even though it is not a sweetener ). I love to enjoy a mug of this warm drink on almost every afternoon.
Golden Milk Latte Ingredients:
- milk (any kind)
- ground ginger
- vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- black pepper
How to make Golden Milk Latte?
- In a small saucepan, combine milk ( any you like; use almond milk to make it vegan ), spices and coconut oil and heat up. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug or two.
- Add freshly brewed coffee, if you like. To sweeten, add stevia or maple syrup. Enjoy warm.
Is turmeric healthy?
Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. It helps prevent and treat disease. It helps boost your immune system so if you are feeling like you might be coming down with a cold or flu, make a cup of this warm and delicious Golden Milk Latte to help your body.
After learning about the benefits of turmeric a while ago, I have been trying to find ways to add it to our diet. I don't make curry enough so I needed more ideas. I absolutely love to add ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric to plain white rice. It's so good! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of buzz around the Golden Milk Latte and decided I had to try it. Now, I am completely sold and love this golden drink! It really is like pure gold!
Do I need to use black pepper?
Don't let the addition of black pepper scare you off. You only need a tiny bit. Black pepper contains piperine that enhances the absorption of curcumin significantly. Google it for more info on this subject.
More Drink recipes:
Golden Milk Latte
- 2 cups milk any you like: whole, almond, coconut or mix
- 1.5 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk well.
- Heat up over medium-low heat, do not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug.
- Add sweetener of choice if needed.