Take your coffee to the next level with this easy Pumpkin Syrup! Made with water, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and vanilla, this syrup is perfect for your coffee, pumpkin lattes, pancakes, and fall desserts!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Homemade coffee syrups are currently my favorite thing to make. I am a huge coffee fan and always look for ideas to jazz up my cup of joe. Every year, in October, I make my pumpkin spice coffee creamer to kick of the season. This year, I am enjoying this Pumpkin Syrup. It's made with simple, real ingredients in under 15 minutes!
The combination of pumpkin puree and warm spices like cinnamon, cloves and ginger make this syrup rich in flavor, reminiscent of your favorite pumpkin pie. Nothing better to start the day with than a steaming cup of creamy coffee with spices of the season!
- water: necessary to make the syrup base;
- sugars: I used equal amounts of brown sugar and granulated sugar;
- pumpkin: I used a 100% pumpkin puree, not pie filling; this ingredient is optional
- pumpkin pie spice: I used my homemade spice mix;
- vanilla extract: for the sweet vanilla flavor.
How to make pumpkin syrup for coffee?
- Combine water and both sugars in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add vanilla, spices and pumpkin puree. Whisk well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Transfer into a bottle and store in the fridge.
How to use pumpkin syrup?
- use it in your coffee or latte,
- drizzle over pancakes or waffles,
- add to overnight oatmeal,
- use in layer cakes or drizzle over frosted cupcakes,
- serve on baked apples,
- drizzle over pumpkin cheesecake!
Not a fan of coffee? Add a few tablespoons to warm milk (any kind) and enjoy this sweet pumpkin steamer. It's a favorite with kids too!
This syrup contains pumpkin puree so it is best stored in the fridge. It will last for up to 10 to 12 days. If you skip the pumpkin, it can last up to 2 weeks, on the counter.
Absolutely! It is optional to add the pumpkin. The marjority of flavor comes from the spice mix and brown sugar, so feel free to skip the puree!
To make this syrup sugar-free, try monkfruit sweetener or maple syrup. It will add even more flavor!
More pumpkin recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Easy Pumpkin Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Pour water into a saucepan. I used 1 quart stainless steel pot.1 cup water
- Add both sugars and whisk well.½ cup packed brown sugar, ½ cup granulated sugar
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat to medium low and simmer syrup for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla and spice mix. Whisk well.½ cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let the syrup cool completely.
- Pour into a glass bottle and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- For a smooth texture, strain the syrup over a fine mesh strainer.
- To make it sugar-free, try monk fruit sweetener or maple syrup.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.