This No Bake Pumpkin Pie made with cream cheese and no gelatin is so much better than the heavy and dense classic version. This is the best no-bake pumpkin dessert you will ever make!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you like pumpkin desserts but you are not a fan of the heavy and dense classic pumpkin pie, this recipe is for you! You only need 8 ingredients to make this creamy, light and perfectly spiced pie. Use a store-bought graham cracker crust to save time, or make it from scratch as I did in my Pumpkin Lush Dessert recipe. Decorate the pumpkin with whipped cream swirls and a dash of cinnamon for a festive look! This No-Bake Pumpkin Pie will be a hit at your Thanksgiving holiday dinner.
For this recipe, I combined no-bake cheesecake and pumpkin dip to make a no-bake dessert you can quickly whip up, even in advance. Talk about easy holiday dessert! It's bound to be a hit with your family and guests.
- pumpkin puree: make sure it's 100% pure and not pumpkin pie filling;
- cream cheese: full fat, not Neufchatel;
- light brown sugar: my preferred sugar for sweetening this pie;
- pumpkin pie spice: absolutely essential in this pie recipe;
- heavy whipping cream: whipping it and folding it into the rest of the ingredients turns the filling into a mousse;
- cream of tartar: optional ingredient, helps stabilize whipped cream;
- graham cracker crust: store-bought or homemade.
How to make no-bake pumpkin pie?
- Beat cream cheese for 30 seconds until it's creamy. Add brown sugar and mix in.
- Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin puree to the cream cheese mixture. Beat well with the mixer.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and gently fold in half of it into the pumpkin mixture. Use the rest to decorate the top.
- Place the pie in your fridge and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Topping and decorating ideas:
Place the remaining whipped cream in a pastry bag with decorating tip. Imagine the pie is a clock and start piping swirls beginning at 12 o'clock, then 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock, and then 9 o'clock. Fill in the gaps between swirls.
Dust each swirl of whipped cream with ground cloves or pumpkin pie spice.
You can also use crushed nuts or cookies, like gingersnaps or graham crackers.
Another fun way to dress up this pie is to use candy corn, especially the one shaped as pumpkins (it's in the harvest mix).
- cream cheese: make sure your cream cheese is really softened. You should have to scrape it with a knife to get the wrapper off. It will mix better and make for a smooth filling.
- pumpkin puree: do not use pie filling as it is already spiced and includes milk. You will need a whole can of pumpkin puree, so no leftovers!
- cream of tartar: this ingredient helps stabilize the whipped cream (prevent it from deflating) but it is not completely necessary.
Any leftovers should be covered with saran wrap and stored in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
You can make the pie one day in advance and store in the fridge. It is best to let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but it's better if it chills for 4 to 12 hours. Make it the evening before and store in your fridge overnight.
Absolutely! You can follow my recipe for Pumpkin Lush Dessert for ingredient measurements and instructions. Make sure to cool the crust completely before adding the filling. You can make the crust in advance, up to 3 days ahead of time.
More easy pumpkin desserts:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz can 100% pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar see note
- 1 ready graham cracker crust
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 30 seconds, until creamy.
- Add brown sugar and mix in well.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Mix in.
- In a small bowl, whip heavy whipping cream with a mixer for 2 minutes. Add cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks form. If you lift up the beater the peak in the whipped cream should stand up and not fall.
- Divide the whipped cream into two parts (you should have 2 cups of it total, so divide into 1 cup portions).
- Add 1 cup of the whipped cream into pumpkin mixture and fold it in gently with a spatula (not a mixer). Fold until no white streaks remain.
- Spread the pumpkin filling over ready crust.
- Decorate with remaining whipped cream by spreading it all over the pie or by making swirls around the edge.
- Place pie in a fridge for at least 4 hours, to overnight.
- Make sure you are using a 100% pumpkin puree, not a pie filling
- Cream of tartar is not necessary but it helps stabilize the whipped cream.
- Follow my instructions for easy and even whipped cream swirls in the post above.
- You can use crushed nuts, cookies, or candy corn to decorate the pie.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.