This No Bake Pumpkin Pie made with cream cheese and no gelatin is so much better than the heavy and dense classic version. This is the best no-bake pumpkin dessert you will ever make!
NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
If you like pumpkin desserts but you are not a fan of the heavy and dense classic pumpkin pie, this recipe is for you! You only need 8 ingredients to make this creamy, light and perfectly spices pie. Use a store-bought graham cracker crust to save time, or make it from scratch as I did in my Pumpkin Lush Dessert recipe. Decorate the pumpkin with whipped cream swirls and a dash of cinnamon for a festive look! This No-Bake Pumpkin Pie will be a hit at your Thanksgiving holiday dinner.
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
- 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- cream cheese
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- heavy whipping cream
- cream of tartar (optional)
- ready graham cracker crust (or homemade)
How to make No-Bake Pumpkin Pie?
This pie is very easy and quick to make. Make sure your cream cheese is completely softened, to get the best smooth filling texture.
Step 1: cream cheese
Beat cream cheese for 30 seconds until it’s creamy. Add brown sugar and mix in.
Step 2: pumpkin puree
Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin puree to the cream cheese mixture. Beat well with the mixer.
Step 3: whipped cream
Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and gently fold in half of it into the pumpkin mixture. Use the rest to decorate the top.
Step 4: Chill
Place the pie in your fridge and chill for at least 4 hours, to overnight.
Expert Tips for the Best No-Bake Pumpkin Pie:
- cream cheese: make sure your cream cheese is really softened. You should have to scrape it with a knife to get the wrapper off. It will mix better and make for a smooth filling.
- pumpkin puree: do not use pie filling as it is already spiced and includes milk. You will need a whole can of pumpkin puree, so no leftovers!
- cream of tartar: this ingredient helps stabilize the whipped cream (prevent it from deflating) but it is not completely necessary.
How to store this dessert:
Any leftovers should be covered with saran wrap and stored in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
Can I make this pie in advance?
Yes, you can make the pie one day in advance and store in the fridge. It is best to let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but it’s better if it chills for 4 to 12 hours. Make it the evening before and store in your fridge overnight.
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts:
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- the Best Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This no-bake pie made with cream cheese and no gelatin is so much better than the heavy and dense classic version. This is the best no-bake pumpkin dessert you will ever make!
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 30 seconds, until creamy.
- Add brown sugar and mix in well.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Mix in.
- In a small bowl, whip heavy whipping cream with a mixer for 2 minutes. Add cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks form. If you lift up the beater the peak in the whipped cream should stand up and not fall.
- Divide the whipped cream into two parts (you should have 2 cups of it total, so divide into 1 cup portions).
- Add 1 cup of the whipped cream into pumpkin mixture and fold it in gently with a spatula (not a mixer). Fold until no white streaks remain.
- Spread the pumpkin filling over ready crust.
- Decorate with remaining whipped cream by spreading it all over the pie or by making swirls around the edge.
- Place pie in a fridge for at least 4 hours, to overnight.
1. Make sure you are using a 100% pumpkin puree, not a pie filling
2. Cream of tartar is not necessary but it helps stabilize the whipped cream.