Instant Pot Minestrone Soup - easy vegetable soup cooked in just a few minutes in a pressure cooker.
Serve this soup with Pull-Apart Rolls or Easy Focaccia Bread.
Soup season is strong over here. Now this Minestrone is making an appearance in our menu. Vegetable-packed soup with beans and pasta or rice is absolutely perfect served with a chunk of crusty bread. This Instant Pot Minestrone Soup makes for a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner on busy days. It takes only a few minutes to saute the vegetables in your pressure cooker, add the remaining ingredients and set it to cook for 6 minutes. Easy and delicious!
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- white cabbage
- red kidney beans
- diced tomatoes
- crushed tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- Italian seasoning
- bay leaf
- tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- elbow macaroni
How to make Minestrone Soup in Instant Pot?
Cooking soup in my pressure cooker is the easiest and almost totally hands-off cooking.
- Simply saute garlic and onion in a little bit of oil right in your pressure cooker insert.
- Add carrots, celery and cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and set the pressure cooker to 6 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook pasta or rice if desired. You will have a hearty bowl of soup ready to be devoured in no time. Garnish with chopped basil or parsley, grated Parmesan cheese or chopped green onions. Serve with a slice of sourdough bread and enjoy!
What goes in a Minestrone soup?
Minestrone is a vegetable packed Italian soup that uses garlic, onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes and beans. It is often served with pasta ( I like to use elbow macaroni, but corkscrew or bow tie works well too! ) or rice. I like to add cabbage and zucchini as well as spinach. Use what's in season and the vegetables you like. To season, use Italian seasoning or a blend of dried oregano, thyme and sage. For liquid, use vegetable broth or stock and crushed tomatoes.
More Instant Pot soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Weight Loss Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes Roundup (all in one place)
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- ½ cup chopped white cabbage optional
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 15 oz. can light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Wait one minute, then add olive oil to the stainless steel insert. Add minced garlic and chopped onion. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrot, celery and cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, broth, seasoning, bay leaf and tomato paste. Stir well. Cover pressure cooker with lid. Set the valve to "sealing" position. Press "manual" and set the timer to 6 minutes. The pressure cooker will beep and start cooking.
- When the time is up, let the pressure cooker release the pressure naturally for at least 15 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure by switching the valve to "venting". In the meantime, cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
- Carefully, open the lid away from your face. Add spinach to the soup and stir. Let it sit for a few minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve soup with sourdough bread, chopped basil or parsley, chopped green onion or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Minestrone soup can be made with any vegetables. Use what's in season and the vegetables you like.
- To season, use Italian seasoning or a blend of dried oregano, thyme and sage.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
This is our favorite IP recipe. I am in charge of IP cooking in our house and I make this a 2-3 times per month in our fall/winter “soup season”. It is like a shot of vitamins for our immune system! Delicious. We love it. Thanks!
Quick and easy, comes out creamy and satisfying for the whole family!Thank you, Anna!
I have the same question as another poster - when do you add the pasta? That step is not included in the recipe. Thank you.
Hi Jennifer! I apologize for that. I added the info to the recipe. You need to cook the pasta (or rice) while the soup is cooking in the IP. If you were to cook it with all of the ingredients at once, it would overcook. You can add it later and set the IP to cook for 4 more minutes.
This soup looks delicious.
When and how do you add the pasta?
My favorite soup in the IP. Adding to my menu for next week 🙂
I love soups! And this is a recipe I need to try!
Such a nutritious and satisfying soup and I love how quick and easy it is to make in the IP!
Megan Ancheta says
The Instant Pot is a little bit of magic! I love mine (I have 2). 😉 Your soup looks absolutely delish! I'm looking forward to trying it!
I agree! It's life-changing! 😀 I hope you love this soup, Megan!
This is one of our favorite soups! I haven't tried it in an IP yet. Thanks for the sharing!
I am new to the Instant Pot game. I am loving all of the recipe suggestions. My family really loves minestrone so this is going on the menu this week!
I hope you love it, Dorothy!
The Instant Pot is so great for soup. This looks delicious! Also thanks for the shout-out for my Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup!
Anytime, Kalyn! Thank you!
We love Instant Pot soups right now, and I can't wait to try this!
I hope you love it, Dee!
I absolutely LOVE minestrone soup and my Instant Pot. This is going on my list of recipes to make ASAP
I hope you love it! Thanks, Kristen!