Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread – perfect to go with pasta dishes or soups! So easy and so good, you won’t be able to stop eating it!
I am so excited to share this recipe for a super easy garlic bread with gooey cheesy top. It’s fast to make because it included a shortcut: an Italian loaf bread! All you need to do is slice it in half, top with garlic butter and shredded mozzarella and bake. I love cheesy bread, like my Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread, my Easy Garlic Bread or the popular Cheesy Garlic Knots rolls.
EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
This Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread is perfect with a plateful of pasta, big bowl of soup or as an appetizer. Either way, you will love every bite! It’s garlicky and cheesy and absolutely irresistible!
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
- Preheat the oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet. Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover bread. Top with cheese. Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
1 loaf of Italian bread
garlic, butter and cheese
large baking sheet
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
This bread has a perfect garlicky taste and an ooey-gooey cheesy top. You can’t say no to that! We love it with soups, like our homemade chicken noodle soup. My Hubby always requests it when he makes his chili. It’s also perfect with my Garlic Mushroom Pasta, the Lemon Asparagus Pasta or my Bacon Potato and Corn Chowder.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
- I could eat this bread by itself! And I have! Slice some tomatoes on top and add a sprinkle of sea salt – so so good!
- For those who don’t like garlic, I recommend using 2 teaspoons of dry ranch seasoning mix in place of the garlic powder. It’s fantastic!
- We made this bread so many times! We found that freshly grated mozzarella cheese melts way better than pre-shredded cheese you can buy in a bag. Also, if you don’t have a garlic powder – use minced garlic! We love it!
EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE VIDEO:
MORE CHEESY BREAD RECIPES:
Easy Garlic Cheese Bombs – biscuit rolls filled with cheese. So easy and perfect appetizer!
Italian Chicken Cheesy Bread – make a whole meal out of cheesy bread. Add chicken and tomatoes and bake it all together!
Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread – your favorite sandwich in a cheesy bread form. So good!
Easy Cheesy Pull Apart Bread – perfect party bread appetizer! Have fun pulling cheesy bites!
Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread – spicy and creamy bread that always disappears fast!
Breakfast Omelet Cheesy Bread – cheesy bread for breakfast? Yes, please!
Easy Pizza Bread – no need to make the dough. Use cheesy bread to make pizza!
EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder (see note)
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Uncover bread. Top with cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Note 1: If you like garlic, you can use more garlic powder - up to 2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon per piece of bread). Note 2: Instead of garlic powder, try dry ranch seasoning mix. It's fantastic, especially for kids who don't like garlic! Note 3: We like our cheese so melted that it starts to brown. Watch the bread while melting the cheese and remove from oven as soon as it reaches the desired look. Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com