Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread - perfect to go with pasta dishes or soups! So easy and so good, you won't be able to stop eating it!
This bread is always a huge hit, just like my Pull-Apart Rolls of the 7-UP Biscuits made from scratch.
I am so excited to share this recipe for a super easy garlic bread with gooey cheesy top. It's fast to make because it included a shortcut: an Italian loaf bread! All you need to do is slice it in half, top with garlic butter and shredded mozzarella and bake. This Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread is perfect with a plateful of pasta, big bowl of soup or as an appetizer. Either way, you will love every bite! It's garlicky and cheesy and absolutely irresistible!
Preheat the oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet. Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover bread. Top with cheese. Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- garlic, butter and cheese
- large baking sheet
- cutting board
What to serve with this bread?
This bread has a perfect garlicky taste and an ooey-gooey cheesy top. You can't say no to that! We love it with soups, like our homemade chicken noodle soup. My Hubby always requests it when he makes his chili. It's a must side for my Mushroom Chicken Alfredo or anytime you use my Homemade Alfredo Sauce!
- I could eat this bread by itself! And I have! Slice some tomatoes on top and add a sprinkle of sea salt - so so good!
- For those who don't like garlic, I recommend using 2 teaspoons of dry ranch seasoning mix in place of the garlic powder. It's fantastic!
- We made this bread so many times! We found that freshly grated mozzarella cheese melts way better than pre-shredded cheese you can buy in a bag. Also, if you don't have a garlic powder - use minced garlic! We love it!
More Bread Recipes:
- Easy Garlic Cheese Bombs - biscuit rolls filled with cheese. So easy and perfect appetizer!
- Easy Cheesy Pull Apart Bread - perfect party bread appetizer! Have fun pulling cheesy bites!
- Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread - spicy and creamy bread that always disappears fast!
- Garlic Butter Cheesy Breadsticks
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder (see note)
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Uncover bread. Top with cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Note 1: If you like garlic, you can use more garlic powder - up to 2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon per piece of bread).
- Note 2: Instead of garlic powder, try dry ranch seasoning mix. It's fantastic, especially for kids who don't like garlic!
- Note 3: We like our cheese so melted that it starts to brown. Watch the bread while melting the cheese and remove from oven as soon as it reaches the desired look. Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
I mixed the garlic into softened butter and spread that on to the bread. Sounds a lot easier than trying to evenly spread melted butter on it. Overall great garlic bread but I might add a little Italian seasoning next time.
Perfect! Thank you, Lauren!
Looks great. One question: the times to heat the bread and melt the cheese in the write up are different from the corresponding video. Which is correct? Thanks!
I’m excited to make this tonight with my boys. Does it blow your mind at all that this recipe has been shared over a million times? Imagine all those people!
BIG thumbs up in my house! Delicious and so easy, the perfect side for my homemade soup..YUM. Thank you so much!
That's fantastic, Karen! Thank you so much!
This looks fantastic! I can't wait to give it a try!
This sounds delicious. I have homemade bread. Do you think I could use this as it does have have the Italian flavor? My other question is could I add italian seasoning to the butter to compensate ? Just trying to spice up my homemade loaves. Thank you! Donna
Hi Donna! Absolutely yes! I use my homemade bread too when I get a chance. It's delicious! You can definitely add the seasoning to butter. It will be scrumptious! Let me know if you make it!
Tanya Fryar says
I made your fantastic amazing cheesy bread last week and have since made it for me and my family 4-5 times. It is the BEST cheesy bread recipe I've ever made and super easy. Thank you for sharing! My store was out of regular block mozzarella, so I had to use skim mozzarella. It was still the bomb! I am in love!
Hi Tanya! Yay! That's fantastic! This bread is so delicious, I can never get enough too! 😀 Thank you for making my recipe and for the comment!
Hey would it matter if I removed the garlic powder? Thanks!
Not at all! It will still be a delicious cheesy bread. 🙂 Hope this helps, Kate!
Thanks for your great recipe. You must try this one. Take a hotdog roll, slice lengthwise, butter slightly. Mix grated gouda or cheddar cheese, mix with mayonnaise and spread on bread. Put in oven on grill till cheese have melted and have a light brown colour. You wont believe the taste of cheese and mayonnaise once melted together. You can add ham or bacon and it is a light meal on it's own. Enjoy!
I'm pretty sure this could be my main dish! Looks so yummy!
Emily @ Life on Food says
I am drooling over these photos. I adore garlic bread.
Curry and Comfort says
I'm trying to be good and do low carb... but when you have gorgeous cheesy garlic bread like this look back at me... I want to eat the screen!
erica acevedo says
Ugh, this looks so damn delicious. I'm starving, and your site is NOT helping...I want EVERYTHING!!!
Haha! I love that! Thank you, Erica! 🙂
Now this is my kind of recipe! Amazing!
Thanks so much, Russell!
Jennie @themessybakerblog says
I want to run away with this cheesy bread.
Thanks, Jennie! 🙂
Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough says
This. Looks. AMAZING. I want to try it with the dry ranch seasoning!
Alice Choi says
I want an entire loaf of this NOW! looks sooooo good!
Yes! It's easy to inhale the whole thing! 🙂 Thanks, Alice!
Mmm this looks so cheesy and delicious! I want some for breakfast 🙂
I wish my computer screen was scratch & sniff, this bread looks incredible!
I love garlic bread! Especially the cheesy variety 🙂 My boyfriend could actually just eat cheesy garlic bread for dinner! He has on several occasions! Pinned 🙂
My Hubby said I need to make it everyday and he doesn't even like carbs! lol Thanks, Alyssa!
Averie Cooks says
Anna these pics are AMAZING! Some of your best ever and this is a hit! hit! hit! Pinned 🙂
Oh wow! Thank you so much, Averie! That means a lot! Thanks for the pin!!