Creamy Cucumber Salad - creamy and refreshing salad with English cucumbers, red onion, garlic, sour cream and parsley or dill. A perfect side dish to grilled meat or as a sandwich topper.
Quick and easy salads with fresh vegetables and herbs are my favorite to make. Especially during summer, when produce is the best. Bonus points, if you are growing cucumbers in your garden. This salad is the perfect way to use them! Light, creamy and refreshing, this Creamy Cucumber Salad is perfect served with grilled or BBQ meat or as a topped in salads and wraps.
- English cucumbers (seedless)
- red onion
- sour cream
- dill or parsley
- salt and pepper
- Start by slicing the cucumber and red onion very thin.
- Add sour cream, parsley and garlic. Stir gently to coat.
- Serve right away or keep in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
The longer you will let the salad sit in the fridge, the more moisture the cucumber will release, causing a build-up of water in the bottom of the salad bowl. It is best to eat the salad the same day you make it.
Keep the salad in a bowl, covered with plastic wrap or lid. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
More easy salad recipes:
- Easy Creamy Coleslaw
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- Perfect Caesar Salad
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Quick Radish Salad
- Carrot Salad
For more recipes, feel free to browse our Salad Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 3 English cucumbers seedless
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice cucumbers.
- Combine cucumbers and onion slices in a large salad bowl.
- Ads sour cream, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Toss everything gently to coat.
- Serve right away or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 1 hour.