This Mediterranean Couscous Salad is a healthy and light option for lunch or dinner. Fluffy couscous is tossed with fresh vegetables like cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives and chickpeas and drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil.
Bright and colorful salad is my go-to lunch during Spring and summer. This Mediterranean Couscous Salad is packed with fluffy couscous, fresh vegetables, like cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, onion, olives and even chickpeas for added protein. This salad is perfect for meal prep, as you can divide it into containers and enjoy for lunch through the week. We also love it as a side dish to grilled chicken and seafood. It's delicious served with my easy Falafel and tahini sauce.
- tomatoes (Roma or cherry)
- bell pepper (red or green)
- red onion
- feta cheese
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to make a Couscous Salad?
This couscous salad is made with fresh vegetables and fluffy couscous that cooks in just 10 minutes. For true Mediterranean flavors, I used cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, bell pepper, feta cheese and added chickpeas.
Chop vegetables: cucumber, olives, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper and onion. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
Cook couscous according to my easy recipe: How to cook couscous on stovetop or in the microwave.
Toss all ingredients gently together. Drizzle fresh lemon juice and olive oil, add cheese, season with salt and pepper.
More easy salad recipes:
For more salad recipes, feel free to browse our Salad category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Mediterranean Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup couscous uncooked; or 3 cups cooked
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup olives halved
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Prepare couscous according to package directions or use my How to Cook Couscous recipe.
- In a large salad bowl, combine chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, olives, chickpeas and cheese. Add couscous and toss together.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over salad. Toss gently.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.