This Chickpea Quinoa Salad is packed with fresh veggies and tossed with simple citrus vinaigrette. This is an easy and healthy lunch for busy days, especially if you meal prep!
Why This Recipe Works
When you are tired of lettuce-based salads and need something different, quinoa salad fits the bill. It's easy to prepare and lasts longer in the fridge. Perfect for meal prep!
I combined cooked quinoa with chickpeas, cucumber, and red onion for a tasty combination of flavors. The simple honey lime dressing is all you need as a final touch.
Feel free to use this as a base and play with ingredients. Add more veggies or substitute with what you have on hand. I am sharing more options below.
- quinoa: cooked and cooled; follow my recipe for 1-Minute Instant Pot Quinoa for perfectly fluffy results!
- chickpeas: aka garbanzo beans, canned or cooked from dried beans
- cucumbers: any you like; I used seedless mini cucumbers
- onion: I prefer red onion in salads but use what you like
- lime juice: adds fresh citrus flavor to the dressing
- honey: just the right amount of sweetness in the dressing
- Use cooked orzo, bulgur, or brown rice in place of quinoa.
- Use lemon vinaigrette or creamy Ranch dressing.
- Add avocado, pomegranate perils, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, peas, or other veggies to the mix.
- Add cooked and chopped chicken breast or turkey breast.
- Add feta cheese cut into cubes or crumbled to the mix.
How to make chickpea quinoa salad?
- Cook quinoa and cool completely. Chop veggies. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Absolutely! This salad is perfect for meal prep. Toss it together and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge, for up to 4 days. You can keep the dressing separately and add it to the salad just before serving.
You can use orzo, bulgur or brown rice in place of quinoa.
More salad recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Chickpea Quinoa Salad
for the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 small seedless cucumbers chopped
- ½ small red onion chopped
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped parsley
for the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the bag. I use my Instant Pot to make it. Once done, fluff it with fork and let it cool completely.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop cucumbers and onion. Add to beans.
- Chop parsley and add to salad.
- In a small mixing bowl or a jar with lid, combine olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk together or shake the jar to combine the ingredients.
- Add quinoa to veggies, then drizzle dressing over everything. Toss to combine.
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge.
- This salad is perfect for meal prep. Toss it together and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can use orzo, bulgur or brown rice in place of quinoa.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.
This salad is fresh and filling! The quinoa definitely keeps you full longer and I appreciate that.
I agree! It's a favorite around here. Thank you, Agnes!
This is so good!! Packed full of flavors and so easy to make!
Thank you so much, Toni!
Just made this to have for lunches throughout the week and it is so delicious! Super easy to whip up and tons of flavor. Yum!
Yay! That's fantastic! Thank you, Taylor!