This Leftover Turkey Salad is an easy way to turn leftovers from your roasted turkey into a delicious lunch salad. Made with chopped turkey meat, apples, onion, and creamy dressing, this salad is quick and tasty!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
After the big turkey dinner, I am in charge of the leftovers. I chop and portion any turkey meat and know what I want to use it in. I always set aside a couple of cups of chopped roasted turkey meat (especially the breast) to make this Leftover Turkey Salad. It's super simple yet so tasty!
My family loves it for lunch with whole-grain bread or in lettuce cups. The sweetness from the apple and slightly sharp flavor from red onion complement the herby turkey meat so well. If you want to add other ingredients, just check out my list below!
- leftover turkey meat
- red onion
- lemon juice
- dried dill
- salt and pepper
How to make Leftover Turkey Salad?
- Chop onion and apples.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill or serve right away.
Just like a classic chicken salad, this turkey salad can be used to make sandwiches, served in croissants, sliders, or in lettuce cups.
Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge. Turkey salad will last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
What else can I add to the leftover turkey salad?
A classic salad will include celery, but I opted for sweet apples. You can add dried cranberries, pecans or walnuts, grapes, bell peppers, cucumber, etc. If you don't like red onions, which can be a little strong in flavor, use green onions. Always taste the salad and adjust seasoning or any ingredients to your preference.
What can I use instead of mayo?
If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can use Ranch dressing, Greek yogurt or skip it altogether and use just lemon juice and seasoning.
More recipes with leftovers:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Leftover Turkey Salad
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat
- 1 cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey meat, apple and onion.2 cups leftover turkey meat, 1 cup chopped apple, ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- Add mayo, lemon juice and dill. Stir everything together.½ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Taste is and season with salt and pepper.½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Chill or serve right away.
- I used gala apple but any kind will work. The sweeter, the better.
- Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge. Turkey salad will last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can use Ranch dressing, Greek yogurt or skip it altogether and use just lemon juice and seasoning.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.