One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe – a quick and easy dish with leftover turkey meat, creamy mushroom garlic sauce and noodles. All cooks in one pan!
One of the best ways to make dinner after the holidays is to go for a one-pan dish. Better yet, if you can use leftovers from the holiday feast. Bonus points, if it won’t leave you with a stack of dishes to clean. My One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini is just that! It’s quick, easy, delicious, creamy and made without canned cream of soup. Start by cooking the turkey or turkey breast in the Instant Pot or oven, use what you need for the holiday dinner, then remove any remaining meat from the bones and use to make this delicious tetrazzini in just one pot!
- olive oil
- vegetable stock
- whole milk
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti noodles
- leftover turkey meat (about 2 cups)
- sour cream
- Parmesan cheese
How to make it?
- Heat up oil with butter in a large skillet. Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add dry pasta and the meat and then the liquid; Just enough to cover the noodles.
- Bring everything to boil, then simmer, stirring often until the pasta is done.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
You can make this dish one day ahead. To reheat, add a little bit of chicken or vegetable stock and heat up in the skillet. You can also bake it with breadcrumb topping, in 350 degrees F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until hot.
You can easily make Turkey Tetrazzini, then place it in a freezer-safe dish and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw it out, then let sit in a room temperature while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake until heated through, about 15 to 18 minutes.
After cooking the big bird for the holidays, you most likely will have leftovers and also no desire the next day to stand by the stove and cook another dinner. This One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini is the perfect solution for that! It uses 2 cups of diced leftover turkey meat, noodles, amazing mushroom sauce and it all cooks in one pan! You can also freeze leftover turkey and make this tetrazzini any time you crave comfort food but need a super easy dinner idea.
More recipes with Thanksgiving leftovers:
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crumb Bars (with leftover sauce)
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce (with leftover sauce)
- Mashed Potato Cakes (with leftover mashed potatoes)
- Polish Potato Dumplings (with leftover mashed potatoes)
For more recipes for the Holidays, feel free to browse our Thanksgiving Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 6 oz. white mushrooms washed, sliced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper divided
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles dry
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish
- In a large saucepan or skillet with lid, heat up oil and butter. Add garlic and onion and saute until onion is almost translucent. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until fragrant and soft.
- In a small mixing bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add salt and pepper and whisk. Set aside.
- To mushroom mixture in skillet, add diced turkey meat, dry spaghetti noodles ( can be broken in half ), chicken stock and cornstarch mixture. Stir well. Make sure all noodles are submerged in liquid.
- Bring mixture to boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer covered, stirring often until the noodles are done, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
This recipe was originally published on October 18th, 2017 and updated on October 16th, 2019.