This easy Lemon Vinaigrette is a perfect Spring and Summer salad dressing, made with just 5 ingredients! It's bright and refreshing!
Homemade salad dressing is quick and easy to make. All you need is oil, lemon juice and seasoning. Then just whisk or shake them together in a jar and you are done! It's ready to dress up fresh vegetable salad or a pasta salad. This Lemon Vinaigrette takes minutes to whip up and can be stored in the fridge for a week. It's a great way to add a burst of citrus flavor to fresh veggies!
- lemon juice: freshly squeezed is the best, since it has the brightest flavor;
- olive oil: extra virgin is the best for homemade vinaigrettes;
- Dijon mustard or honey mustard: adds flavor and slightly creamy texture to the dressing;
- honey (if using Dijon): to add sweetness;
- minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
How to store lemon dressing?
I recommend storing this dressing in a jar with lid, in the fridge, for up to 1 week. Shake it well before using it.
- other citrus: use fresh orange, lime or even grapefruit juice in place of lemon
- lemon herb: add fresh chopped basil, parsley, dill or even mint
More salad dressing recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey omit if using honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or small food processor and whisk or blend until creamy.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Use this dressing right away or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- The calorie amount is for the whole jar of dressing. The typical serving size is 2 tablespoons.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.