This easy Lemon Vinaigrette is a perfect Spring and Summer salad dressing, made with just 5 ingredients! It's bright and refreshing!
I love to drizzle this dressing over my Orzo Pasta Salad or Quick Radish Salad and add that refreshing citrus flavor!
Homemade salad dressing is quick and easy to make. All you need is oil, lemon juice and seasoning. Then just whisk or shake them together in a jar and you are done! It's ready to dress up fresh vegetable salad or a pasta salad. This Lemon Vinaigrette takes minutes to whip up and can be stored in the fridge for a week. It's a great way to add a burst of citrus flavor to fresh veggies!
- lemon juice: freshly squeezed is the best, since it has the brightest flavor;
- olive oil: extra virgin is the best for homemade vinaigrettes;
- Dijon mustard or honey mustard: adds flavor and slightly creamy texture to the dressing;
- honey (if using Dijon): to add sweetness;
- minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
How to store lemon dressing?
I recommend storing this dressing in a jar with lid, in the fridge, for up to 1 week. Shake it well before using it.
- other citrus: use fresh orange, lime or even grapefruit juice in place of lemon
- lemon herb: add fresh chopped basil, parsley, dill or even mint
More salad dressing recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey omit if using honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or honey mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or small food processor and whisk or blend until creamy.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Use this dressing right away or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- The calorie amount is for the whole jar of dressing. The typical serving size is 2 tablespoons.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
This is an amazing salad dressing! I love the citrus flavor, it's so refreshing! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Super refreshing! Thank you, Audrey!
Sara Welch says
This was so easy and was the perfect dressing for my salad yesterday. Looking forward to enjoying this again today!
Thank you, Sara!
I made this up to go on a citrus salad for my lunch today, and it was SO GOOD!!! Will be making again, thank you!
Yay! Thank you, Emily!
Lemon vinaigrette is one of my favorite salad dressings! So tasty!
Same! Thanks, Katie!
This makes any salad burst with flavor! It's so light & refreshing & easy to make!
Thank you, Kristyn!