This Orzo Pasta Salad is packed with fresh and colorful veggies. Perfect Spring and Summer salad to serve at potlucks and backyard BBQ!
Warm Summer months and fresh and bright produce always make me crave pasta salads! They are quick and easy to make and perfect as a side dish or a light lunch. A drizzle of fresh citrus or Italian dressing and you are set! I can pack it in containers and take to a picnic or a potluck.
- orzo pasta
- cherry tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- red onion
- sun-dried tomatoes
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- feta cheese or mozzarella balls, optional
How to make Orzo Pasta Salad?
- Start with cooking the orzo according to instructions on the package.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Chop veggies and prep the dressing.
- Combine everything together in a large bowl.
- Toss gently.
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge.
What else can I add to this pasta salad?
You can go with any veggies you like. Marinated artichokes, spinach, Romaine lettuce, basil, etc. Skip the beans and use chopped cooked chicken.
This salad can be made ahead of time and stored covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you are adding lettuce or spinach, wait until just before serving. Otherwise, it will wilt.
More pasta salads:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Salad Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This Orzo Pasta Salad is packed with fresh and colorful veggies. Perfect Spring and Summer salad to serve at potlucks and backyard BBQ! Serve this salad with lemon vinaigrette and grilled chicken for a light and delicious dinner everyone will love.
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1 cup olives halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package, about 9 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Combine pasta with all veggies.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Shake well. Drizzle over the pasta salad.
- Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.
- I like to add 1 teaspoon of the oil from sun-dried tomatoes to the dressing.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Typical serving size is 1 to 2 cups.