Italian Dressing – best homemade salad dressing with oil, vinegar, herbs and spices. Quick and easy to make!
Homemade salad dressings are my jam! They are just so easy to make! This Italian Dressing is one of few I currently have in my fridge and one I used in a pasta salad. It’s also perfect drizzled over chicken just before baking on a sheet pan or grilling. This Italian Salad Dressing can be made ahead and stored up to a week in the fridge. You can also use it as a marinade for chicken.
- olive oil
- vinegar (apple cider or white wine)
- lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- dried oregano
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Pour vinegar and olive oil into a measuring cup or jar.
- Add salt, pepper, minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and whisk everything together. The dressing will have a cloudy appearance.
- oil: You can use regular olive oil or extra virgin olive oil. The EVOO will have a greener hue and is stronger in flavor.
- vinegar: For vinegar, use apple cider, white or red wine vinegar. If you don’t have any on hand, use white but I always recommend keeping it only for cleaning. I prefer apple cider vinegar.
- herbs: For herbs and spices, I use a mix of Italian seasoning and dried oregano.
- Measuring cup – I always use my 1 cup glass measuring cup for homemade dressings. It has a spout so pouring the dressing into a bottle or jar is super easy.
- Whisk – if you have a set of three in different sizes, the smallest one is the best here. Simply whisk until the dressing has a cloudy appearance. It might separate during refrigerating, so remember to shake it before using.
- Jar with lid – or a bottle for easy storage in the fridge. You can buy them in any retail store. HomeGoods has a ton of great jars and bottles for dressings!
This dressing needs to be refrigerated. Store it in a jar with lid for up to 1 week. It might separate while sitting in your fridge. Simply shake well before using in a salad or other recipe.
More salad recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Salad Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This homemade Italian salad dressing is made with oil, vinegar, herbs and spices. It's quick, fresh and healthy!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar apple cider, white or red wine
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a measuring cup or jar. Whisk well.
- Store in jar or bottle with lid for up to 1 week.
- For vinegar, use apple cider, white or red wine vinegar. If you don't have any on hand, use white but I always recommend keeping it only for cleaning. I prefer apple cider vinegar.
- It might separate while sitting in your fridge. Simply shake well before using in a salad or other recipe.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
This recipe was originally published on June 20th, 2018 and updated on November 22nd, 2019.