Creamy Caesar Dressing Recipe – the best homemade Caesar salad dressing. The flavor is spot on and no anchovies are needed! You will never buy it in a store again.
CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING
Homemade salad dressings are one of my favorite DIY recipes to make. Forget the store-bought kind, grab fresh ingredients and a blender (or a mini food processor) and make a jar of homemade dressing that is absolutely delicious, just like my Italian Salad Dressing. It comes together in a jar! This Creamy Caesar Dressing is spot on when it comes to the flavor and texture. It’s creamy and tangy, just like a classic Ceasar dressing is supposed to be. This dressing is gluten-free if you use GF Worcestershire sauce and can be made vegan by using vegan mayo and Parmesan or nutritional yeast. Make a jar and drizzle over the Perfect Caesar Salad!
How to make Caesar dressing?
- Start by gathering all of the ingredients.
- Add all to a blender jar or mini food processor bowl and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil and blend. Add Parmesan cheese and blend well.
- Your salad dressing is ready to be served or you can store it in a jar with lid in your fridge for up to 1 week.
What is Caesar dressing made of?
A classic Caesar dressing is made with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I substituted the egg with mayonnaise and skipped anchovies as the Worcestershire sauce gives it just the right amount of the typical Caesar dressing flavor. I am not a fan of anchovies and would not want to buy the paste just for one recipe.
How to make Caesar dressing without anchovies?
I personally do not like anchovies and I didn’t use them in this recipe. The taste is still perfect thanks to the Worcestershire sauce.
More recipes like this:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
The best homemade Caesar salad dressing. The flavor is spot on and no anchovies are needed. You will never buy it in a store again!
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the following in a blender or mini food processor: garlic, Dijon, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese and blend for 10 seconds.
- Transfer dressing into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
A typical serving of salad dressing is 1 to 2 tablespoons.