This Creamy Caesar Dressing is the best homemade salad dressing. The flavor is spot on and no anchovies or eggs are needed! You will never buy it in a store again.
Why This Recipe Works
Homemade salad dressings are one of my favorite homemade recipes to make. Forget the store-bought kind, grab fresh ingredients and a blender (or a mini food processor) and make a jar of homemade dressing that is absolutely delicious, just like my Italian Salad Dressing. It comes together in a jar!
This Creamy Caesar Dressing is spot on when it comes to flavor and texture. It's creamy and tangy, just like a classic Ceasar dressing is supposed to be. Make a jar and drizzle over the Perfect Caesar Salad!
A classic Caesar dressing is made with:
- lemon juice: necessary acidic ingredient in a salad dressing
- olive oil: a base for every salad dressing
- egg: for creamy and rich texture
- anchovies: unexpected ingredient that gives the dressing that signature umami flavor
- Worcestershire sauce: along with anchovies, this ingredient make the dressing Caesar
- garlic: for flavor
- Dijon mustard: adds tanginess
- Parmesan cheese: add flavor.
I substituted the egg with mayonnaise and skipped anchovies as the Worcestershire sauce gives it just the right amount of the typical Caesar dressing flavor. I am not a fan of anchovies and would not want to buy the paste just for one recipe.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing From Scratch?
- Start by gathering all of the ingredients.
- Add all to a blender jar or mini food processor bowl and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil and blend. Add Parmesan cheese and blend well.
- Your salad dressing is ready to be served or you can store it in a jar with lid in your fridge for up to 1 week.
Why is it called Caesar dressing?
This salad dressing is named after an Italian chef that is said to create this condiment and serve it in restaurants in Mexico and United States. His name was Caesar Cardini.
I personally do not like anchovies and I didn't use them in this recipe. The taste is still perfect thanks to the Worcestershire sauce.
The salad is made with Romaine lettuce, croutons, dressing and Parmesan cheese. You can follow my recipe for the Perfect Caesar Salad to make it in your own kitchen!
If you prefer a clear salad dressing, based on oil and lemon juice, skip the mayo or egg. It will still have the signature flavor, just won't be creamy.
This dressing is gluten-free if you use GF Worcestershire sauce and can be made vegan by using vegan mayo and Parmesan or nutritional yeast.
More recipes like this:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the following in a blender or mini food processor: garlic, Dijon, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese and blend for 10 seconds.
- Transfer dressing into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.