This Caesar Salad is quick, simple and bursting with flavor! You only need Romain lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons and dressing to make it!
The one salad that we used to always order at restaurants, was the Caesar Salad. It's a favorite around here. When made with creamy dressing and perfect, buttery croutons it is the best! It's a simple salad (you only need 4 ingredients) with a grande name. Since it is so simple, it is worth to make the croutons and dressing from scratch. This will be the best Caesar salad you will ever have!
- Romaine lettuce
- Parmesan cheese wedge
- Caesar dressing
- If making the dressing from scratch, combine all ingredients in a small food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Transfer into a jar and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- If making croutons, cube bread, toss with melted butter and toast in the oven for no more than 10 minutes.
- Arrange chopped Romaine lettuce in a salad bowl, top with Parmesan cheese, still warm croutons and a drizzle of dressing.
Should Caesar salad have anchovies?
Anchovies are often used in the Caesar dressing. It gives it that characteristic flavor. I don't use anchovies because Worcestershire sauce is a great substitute and the dressing still tastes spot on.
What to serve it with?
This Caesar salad is great served before a pasta dish, like my Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan with fettuccine, or simple chicken sandwich. You can add cooked, cubed chicken and make this salad into a meal on it's own.
You may be surprised to learn that this salad was not named after the Roman Emperor, but after Caesar Cardini - an Italian born chef that run a restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico.
More easy salad recipes:
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Salad category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Perfect Caesar Salad recipe
- 2 cups cubed bread I used baguette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- To make croutons: toss cubed bread with melted butter and seasoning. Spread into one layer on a baking sheet and bake in 375 degrees F for no longer than 10 minutes.
- To make dressing: combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- To make salad: arrange lettuce in salad bowl. Top with Parmesan cheese, still warm croutons and drizzle with salad dressing.