Chicken Cobb Salad with juicy lemon garlic chicken, crispy bacon, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, onion, lettuce and simple Dijon dressing. This whole-meal salad is perfect for lunch or dinner!
When you need a light and easy dinner, salads always come to mind. Fresh veggies, simple dressing and grilled, baked or pan-seared meats make for a fantastic healthy meal. This Cobb Salad is the perfect example, just like my Greek Salmon Salad. You can use my lemon garlic chicken and cook it in a pan, or grill it; rotisseries chicken, seafood, ham or smoked meat is a great option too! This salad is colorful, nutritious and full of flavor. The Cobb Salad originated around 1937, in Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant and was named after the owner, Robert Howard Cobb.
- Romaine lettuce
- meat (chicken, bacon, ham, turkey, etc.)
- ripe tomatoes (on-the-vine, cherry or Roma)
- hard-boiled eggs
- cheese (bleu, feta, cheddar, etc.)
- red onion
- simple mustard dressing (you can use my Creamy Caesar dressing as well!)
- Start by seasoning the chicken with salt, pepper and dried oregano. Heat up olive oil in a skillet, add butter and melt. Sear chicken on both sides for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and saute for 2 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate and let rest. Cook bacon in the same skillet.
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, onions, avocadoes and arrange in a salad bowl.
- Slice chicken and arrange on top of the salad. Add bacon. Serve.
What is the difference between cobb salad and chef salad?
Both salads are main-dish salads, as in they are made with lettuce, cheese and meats. Cobb salad has avocados and tomatoes.
More easy salad recipes:
For more delicious salad recipes, feel free to browse our Salad category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In skillet, heat up olive oil and melt butter.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, oregano. Cook in pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Check with meat thermometer. Remove on plate and let rest.
Cook bacon in the same pan. Remove onto paper towel to drain grease.
In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, avocado, eggs, onion and cheese.
Slice chicken and arrange on top of salad. Add bacon.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon and black pepper. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.